Social Missing in Mobile View

StevenMusgroveStevenMusgrove Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
Hi All, Im Steven and new to this site and to smugmug. I have setup my site and have started upload images etc. all see good and im impressed so far. i have just noticed one thing and ive searched but cannot see that anyone else has mentioned this but on my site im missing the social buttons when viewing on a mobile. im not sure if ive not set something i should or if this is the way it should be or a bug.

Has anyone else seen this or know if ive done something wrong?

Many thanks
Steven
Tagged:

Comments

• mrneutronmrneutron Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins

Can you send a link to your site or the page or gallery you're viewing?
    Are you using the mobile app or the native browser?
    What device are you using?

Andy K
    SmugMug Support Hero
    help.smugmug.com
  • StevenMusgroveStevenMusgrove Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    hi mrneutron, thanks for the reply. i wasnt able to add it to my signature so didnt want to add to the post just in case i wasnt allowed.

the site is www.sdpm.co.uk and you can view any of the galleries/photo as it seems the same on all. as for browsers im using chrome and the device is a sony z3.

i had a little mess around to see if i could work out what was going on and managed to work out that if i set chrome to view the site in desktop mode the social tab appear. also ive tried on my laptop and simply resized the window and at a certain point the social tab just disapears. so not sure if due to the size its being hidden behind another tab or something?
  • Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,448 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2017

I don't own a mobile device, but using Screenfly, I can see your social icons on your home page: http://quirktools.com/screenfly/#u=http://www.sdpm.co.uk/&w=375&h=667&a=37&s=1. I also looked at your Landscape page and I see them too.

Also, since you are new to the forums, new members can't post signature line until you're here for a while.

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

@StevenMusgrove said:
    the site is www.sdpm.co.uk and you can view any of the galleries/photo as it seems the same on all. as for browsers im using chrome and the device is a sony z3.

I just looked at your site on my phone (android, Samsung Galaxy S7) and the social icons show on all pages for me. I wonder if there is something different about the sony z3.

edited April 22, 2017
    Thanks for the replies. Not sure I've explained properly. The buttons for Facebook Twitter etc at the bottom are fine, it's the social tab that lets you share images that's not quite right.

So if I go to a gallery, then an image, then click the share button. When the website is resized to mobile size the social tab disappears.

Hope that makes more sense

http://imgur.com/a/VAE5C I've taken a screenshot of the part I mean.
  • annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee

Steven, you can simply use the phone browser's Share tool; it's usually accessible by clicking More in the upper right > Share.

Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero

Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
    Hi Ana, thanks for the reply. You're right that is possible and i will use it in future but not sure everyone will be aware that option exists. Also are able to tell me if the fact the share button disappears is by design or a me/bug? if its something ive not set right i would like to get it sorted. looking at the settings i dont think ive done anything wrong which leads me to think its either the way it is or a bug.