Options

Oops - now I've broken it

NaturalEyeNaturalEye Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
edited December 2, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I seem to have two problems at the moment:

1. I've been trying to remove some of the print sizes in my favourites gallery. I've tries setting the prices as blank and zero, but I keep getting the smugmug default prices. I *can* see the prices that I have increased. I did logout (BTW I noticed that using logout didn't seem to log me out - all of the gallery dropdowns were still there, so I cleared cookies etc).

2. Using IE6 I can't seem to change to any style other than smugmug small (the dropdown is there it just doesn't work). If I log in and out again it works - close browser and reopen - doesn't work again

I was starting to get very frustrated so I have walked away from it for now. In reallity I only do this for fun - I have never yet sold a print and probably never will so I don#t want it becoming a chore

Anyway any help will be gratefully received!

Gary
naturaleye.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2005
    On the first one, you need to logoff to see how the prices are to your customers.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2005
    Standby Gary, I'm having a look right now...
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2005
    NaturalEye wrote:
    I seem to have two problems at the moment:

1. I've been trying to remove some of the print sizes in my favourites gallery. I've tries setting the prices as blank and zero, but I keep getting the smugmug default prices. I *can* see the prices that I have increased. I did logout (BTW I noticed that using logout didn't seem to log me out - all of the gallery dropdowns were still there, so I cleared cookies etc).

2. Using IE6 I can't seem to change to any style other than smugmug small (the dropdown is there it just doesn't work). If I log in and out again it works - close browser and reopen - doesn't work again

I was starting to get very frustrated so I have walked away from it for now. In reallity I only do this for fun - I have never yet sold a print and probably never will so I don#t want it becoming a chore

Anyway any help will be gratefully received!

Gary
    naturaleye.smugmug.com

Hi Gary,

Custom Pro Pricing:

OK so the first place folks get tripped up is, after "zero-ing out" you need to hit "update pricing" which is at the way bottom of the screen (need to scroll down). I think you've been successful at this, becuase I only see a few of the items available for sale (you've been able to zero out many items).

Lots more in the pro corner blog

IE6 and viewing style changes:

Go to your Internet settings and clear your temporary files and your cookies. Restart and you should be fine.

BTW a recommendation for pro users: have TWO browsers - one for "logged in" and one for "logged out" -- so you could use IE6 as your main, be logged in there, and use Firefox as your second browser and be logged out on that browser. You can get firefox free from www.mozilla.org.

Here's an example:

46656271-L.jpg

I hope this helps,
  • Options
    NaturalEyeNaturalEye Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited December 2, 2005
    Andy - thanks for your help. I just tried again and it still didn't work. I thought I had cleared cookies etc, but I tried it again and guess what? Now it works!

Thanks again - yet again I am glad I chose Smugmug!

Gary
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    BTW a recommendation for pro users: have TWO browsers - one for "logged in" and one for "logged out" -- so you could use IE6 as your main, be logged in there, and use Firefox as your second browser and be logged out on that browser. You can get firefox free from www.mozilla.org.
    My I humbly suggest something other than IE6 as one of your main browsers? Here are a few that you should try as your secondary browser (with Firefox 1.5 being your main browser)

Flock which is still in beta but I've found to be very stable. The extra added benefit is that web pages in flock will look exactly the same as webpages in firefox.

Opera (perhaps consider Opera 9 Beta if you're into the beta thing). You'll get a super fast browsing experience and things will look mostly the same.

For those that just HAVE to have IE, use this extension. It'll let you open an IE browser window right in your firefox tabs mwink.gif
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/