Options

another let down phanfare refugee

musicproducer99musicproducer99 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
Is there no one else here having problems with phanfare to smugmug migration & also can't download their entire album to their computer? All I get are missing files in smugmug, because of the lack of format support - and missing files when I try the 'PhanfareMirror' download app, because the app sucks. Very frustrating.

Particularly as this couldn't have come at a worse time & I don't have a lot of time available to download photos one by one, or albums one by one, and don't have a huge amount of time to work on this right now.

Contacting support of both companies hasn't ended in a solution so far.

I'm guessing I can't be the only one with these issues..

Comments

• Options
    KarinaExPhanfareKarinaExPhanfare Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins

I havent tried to download to my computer - wasnt planning to as everything is stored on external hard drives anyway.

So far my only missing files are listed in the missing files page and they are formats that smug doesnt support - mostly bmp and I noticed a few video files from older phones and cameras that havent worked so I took note of them and will convert and try to reupload.

All contact I have made with Smugmug support team has had really prompt and helpful answers, also on this forum. (A giant change from Carbonite of course!).

I agree re bad timing - for me too. I have been working on a huge genealogy project for 168 people that has a serious deadline date and this has dragged me away from that due to the limited time frame before Carbonite wipe our sites out.