Egret at Bolsa Chica

double_entendredouble_entendre Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins

Missed it by that much.....

Got it.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Egret came out nice....but background getting you here a bit.....too many distractions...

• double_entendredouble_entendre Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins

Do you mean any particular thing about that peninsula? Or just it's being there and it'd be a better pic with just water in the background?

Thanks!

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Still lovely captures......yeah clearer background would be better.....but you probably couldn't do anything about it. Cheers!

• double_entendredouble_entendre Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins

Yeah. Blasted birds won't listen to direction.

"Could you move 20 feet that way and turn around?" Utterly inconsiderate. :D

• puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2017

@double_entendre said:
    Yeah. Blasted birds won't listen to direction.

"Could you move 20 feet that way and turn around?" Utterly inconsiderate.

Happens all the time in this lark, with me too ... even worse in some situations as there are nesting areas with perspex sides inscribed with websites etc, set up on the lakes. .

Judging by the pics, you'd need a cherry picker or similar, to get high enough to have only water in the bg - and it'd then be a totally different shot imo.

I'd look for a location at the venue that has a decent bg, lets me set up at water level there and wait / hope that something happened... otherwise I just don't bother, because I know I'll invariably dump the pics.

pp