Options

LCD VIEWFINDER

BountyphotographerBountyphotographer Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins

Anybody using LCD viewfinder magnifier with your DSLR ?
Harsh light up here in Socal and almost impossible to see anything on the LCD screen unless its covered .
Seen lots of LCD viewfinder online but not sure which one to buy ????

:photo

Comments

• Options

You don't need your parents approval to reply guys :}}}}}}}

• Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins

I bought one some time ago for when I was shooting video. It shows not available but I think the link will still show the idea.

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B00CNY9SEA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There are two basic styles of these, one which you might keep on a string around your neck and use to look at the LCD periodically, and the other semi-permanently attaches (meaning you don't take it on and off a lot while shooting). Mine is the latter, you put it on and use it for a while. It does allow good viewing, nice magnification, and was out of the way of all the buttons (apparently that is a big issue with some of these).

There are well known brands for these that likely have higher quality (Hoodman may be the best know) that are pretty pricy, and I was not going to use it a lot so did not consider them. The cheaper ones, for example, have plastic optics that if roughly/frequently used may scratch over time, or degrade if in UV light a lot (though mine had a nice shutter that closes over it for protection).

• Options

Thanks for the info
    Not sure I want to use it all the time but definitely want it on the camera while shooting.

Thank you