Options

Dusk at the bog

jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins

Greetings from Maine...

-Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Great! Love the leading line and convergence......bit off center, still awesome!

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator

Gorgeous, and great light. All it needs is a moose sauntering through. ;-)

• Options

Thanks guys

-Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins

Beautiful light and included in a bit of reflection. My eye just follows along nicely. A very pleasant scene!

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,186 moderator

I like the feel of this. The reflections on the water from the pink clouds, and the mist in the background make this image. Very 3D like. Unfortunate tree branch in the upper right is distracting.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    TMcEwenTMcEwen Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins

Great Shot

- Thomas McEwen - (Nashville, TN)
    http://www.tmcewenphotography.com/
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,239 moderator

I love both the color and the lines in this shot, beautiful!

• Options
    edited May 8, 2017

Thanks folks. I'm happy with it, and the conservation society that manages this land is going to use it.

@David_S85 said:
    I like the feel of this. The reflections on the water from the pink clouds, and the mist in the background make this image. Very 3D like. Unfortunate tree branch in the upper right is distracting.

Yeah, I don't like that branch either, but my cloning skills and patience are too short for that. I suppose I should have waded into the bog a bit and set my tripod down in the muck.

You know what's funny is I have taken pics at this spot before but they never had any interesting clouds, and so those images I feel are unremarkable. The clouds finish off the scene.

-Jack

• Options

Au con·traire - love the branch. Making the shot for me. That is the leading line, the main one, then 2 cloud patches in the sky are pointing to same area, the one cloud reflection is doing same.....and the branches that got in from the right are also excited about the same spot.......what is missing is maybe another subject....a person or something....a deer....a different colored bush.....even not having that doesn't change anything.....fab photo....and would be nada for me at least without the fallen log.

• Options

@Stumblebum said:
    Au con·traire - love the branch. Making the shot for me. That is the leading line, the main one, then 2 cloud patches in the sky are pointing to same area, the one cloud reflection is doing same.....and the branches that got in from the right are also excited about the same spot.......what is missing is maybe another subject....a person or something....a deer....a different colored bush.....even not having that doesn't change anything.....fab photo....and would be nada for me at least without the fallen log.

I think perhaps you're confused...? We were saying the branch in the upper right is the problem, not the fallen log. The fallen log is without a doubt the main leading line.

-Jack

• Options

Oh...okay! ;o)

• Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins

Lovely photograph and processing

Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    studio12cstudio12c Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins

Jack
    Great pics come from composition, focus, exposure and most importantly subject matter. Post production is also important to enhance your vision. You nailed all buddy, great shot. I love the way the fallen tree leads into the back ground. Anyone would be happy to have this hanging on their wall.

• Options

Thank you!

-Jack