Nikon D7500 Announced

ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,764 moderator

From Nikon USA

"Class leading image quality, ISO range, image processing and metering equivalent to the award-winning D500"

"51-point AF system with 15 cross-type sensors and group-area AF paired with up to 8 fps continuous shooting capability"

"4K Ultra HD and 1080p Full HD video with stereo sound, power aperture control, auto ISO, 4K UHD Time-Lapse"

"3.2” 922K dot, tilting LCD screen with touch functionality"

ziggy53
Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums

Comments

• NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins

Here's my quick take:

The lack of dual cards is a major let down to me. (Though this might be to get people like myself who are fine with its' specs otherwise to move up to the D500)

8 FPS and a 50 frame buffer at 14-bit RAW is more than enough for me especially since at high ISO I shoot 12 bit so this would make for a great camera for my aerial/dance work where the D7200/D750's smaller buffers are an issue.

It gets the same 180k pixel meter from the D500 so it can be used to automatically set the focus adjustment which is a nice feature especially for those of us who use fast primes.

Since image wise it's a D500 that means low ISO will take a slight hit in dynamic range/shadow recovery VS the D7200, but it'll be a bit better in noise/dynamic range in the high ISO range.

So overall if action/low light photography are your focus (or if you need 4k video) the D7500 is the one to go for. But for people who likely will be shooting at lower ISO's the D7200 is about to become an even better deal. In my own work the D7200 can handle almost everything I throw at it, I have the D750 because I need to be able to provide quality images even in those most extreme lighting situations but for the vast majority of people I'd say the D7200 or new D7500 are both more than enough camera.

• TasmanianTasmanian Registered Users Posts: 486 Major grins
    I hope the difference will be greater than between the D7100 and the D7200 ... :)
  • skysailorskysailor Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins

Looking to leave my aging D200 for something I will never need to replace. This might do the trick.

Gear: D200, G9, Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6, Nikkor 35 f/1.8, Vivitar Series 1 28-105 f/2.8-3.8, Sigma 18-200 f/3.5-6.3
  • IMAGEMAXIMAGEMAX Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    Have D7200, dual card slots, accepts vertical grip, and allows use of legacy lenses. Guess I will stay with it for a while. Love the new stuff though.