Joy of Spring

StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Too bad spring just ended.....it was a good one here in Cali thanks to record rainfall!

1) Divine Path

2) Golden Wind

3) Heavenly Flames

4) Green Tea

5) Rainbow Hills

6) Adam & Eve

7) Home sweet home

8) Spring Inferno

9) Green gold

10) Fog bath

11) Moooooo-scape

12) Left behind

13) Infernal Walkway

14) Sherman Williams

15) Carrizzo's gold

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited May 12, 2017

Well, oh golly, where to begin? I'm not going to comment just yet because I want to look at these for a while longer while I put my camera back in it's pack and probably never take it out again.

Edit: I've seen that tree scene before in 1 and 2. A year or two ago?

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

David, your guidance, input and generosity....can't thank you enough! Do come by here......cheers!!

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

I echo David's sentiments. Wow!! Just curious as to where these were taken? How wonderful that you caught California in the very short green season!

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

Terrific set, Taz. Composition, color, light over the top. Bravo!

Thanks so much Sara! Most were taken from Hills above San Jose and nearby Hollister. Couple from Petaluma Hills. Last two are from Carizzo super bloom....which was astonishing....I went too late so hope we get good rains next year and score big! Cheers!

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Many Grins

OMG. Your pictures are terrific, outstanding and so on. Great composition, light and contrast.

• Celtic SnapperCeltic Snapper Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins

Super, Super and Super!!

A full gallery from one road trip!

Some great skies Taz!
    My favourite's however are No. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15!

• roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

A great set Taz. Once again, you have done a superb job of capturing the essence of spring in Northern Calif.

I love the composition and close up intimacy of #4, my only nit is that the exposure is a tad long for the water, but that's just my personal taste.

Phil

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2017

@Stumblebum said:
    Most were taken from Hills above San Jose and nearby Hollister. Couple from Petaluma Hills. Last two are from Carizzo super bloom....which was astonishing....

You sure are making the rounds to find good spots. I thought that one of those might have been Mt Tam. It's a great set, but for me, number 7 is the best. Makes me wish that I could get my lazy butt out of the studio and enjoy all the color we got this year.

Steve

Website
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

This is excellent work. Your style is becoming almost pictorial. These seem more like paintings than like photographic representations of places. There's a place for that.

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

Beautiful set! My favorites are 5, 10, and 14.

Thanks so much Richard, Jorgen, Carl, Phil, Steve, Don, and Denise! I can't say that enough! Cheers m8s!

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,762 moderator

Spectacular!

Lush and rich colors, beautiful compositions, several with stories (imagined by the viewer, me, but presented by you, the photographer), nearly perfect tonality for each scene, fortunate skies (planned, processed and, I'm sure, serendipitous).

Truly masterful!

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator

My you've been a busy boy, Taz. Terrific work. #7 is my favorite here, an almost unbelievably good photo.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Many Grins

The more I look at your pictures the more I like them. They are all great. But the more I look the more I get favourites. They are 2, 5 and 7.

Thanks K-dog! I spend all free time towards it......wish you had more time.
    Thanks kindly Jorgen!! Been enjoying your great work for a while now! Cheers!

• pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator

Wow, what a fantastic set, Taz.

All are great, but I really like 1, 4, and 7. Might have used a bit shorter shutter speed in 4, but its still great.

Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin

Thanks truly Jim, and I couldn't agree with you more. I had set goal of getting details out of flowing water and I tried zooming in while exposing but got fooled by the tiny screen (although the conditions were precarious, where I was standing).....so something to look forward to getting right in future. Cheers!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Geeeeze, Taz.......I'm nearly speechless. Just terrific stuff. The mottled light fell right into your hands and you capitalized on it as well as I've ever seen. Put a gun to my head and I'd pick #7 as my favorite, mainly because I chase similar subjects ( old barns ) all the time. Take a bow, my friend.

Tom

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Yay! Thanks kindly Tom! Yeah, I search for Barns and I think of your adventures....but it seems like every single inch of CA is privately owned.....so keep running into fences. Cheers my friend!

• TasmanianTasmanian Registered Users Posts: 486 Major grins
    Take all !!!

When everything delights me I do not know if something seduces me.

Bravo <3

Thanks so much @Tasmanian Cheers!!

@David_S85 Hi David, just saw your edited comment......you have a keep eye and solid memory.......I did return to the same spots in first 2 and hoping for better light and I got it. I have dreamed of catching it with pink hues as the shots never line up with sunrise and sunset points and are 90 degrees to it, so hope of epic burn is negligible, but if there are enough soft wispies, they can pick the pink after burn....Cheers David!

Thanks kindly Jerry!

• bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins

Fantastic work! I'm going to have to come back and look longer to comment.

• TMcEwenTMcEwen Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins

I do not even know where to begin. Stunning photos!!!

- Thomas McEwen - (Nashville, TN)
    http://www.tmcewenphotography.com/

Thanks so much Nick and Thomas! Cheers guys!

• EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins

You are just getting better, and better, and better! I'm on overload; I can't possibly decide which is my favorite. You should hang them all!!! :smiley:

• JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

Damn, Taz, you sure make it difficult for us to choose a favorite! All of these are absolutely remarkable, and I could see them hanging in any world-class gallery right now as they are. The ones that speak the most to me are 1,3, & 9. Nothing against any of the others, it's just that these strike an emotion in me the strongest.

Outstanding work, I'm so glad I get to see your vision.

Anna Maria and JBR, I will never be able to thank you enough! Cheers guys!