Tasty Iron

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

The custom work that shows up at these top shows is amazing.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins

I love those low and slow cruisers.

Steve

Website
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Really cool stuff Tom! The blue car behind the featured car is really funky looking.....like a space vehicle or something.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Many Grins

Fantastic cars. They remind me of my answer when people ask why I don't have a car: If I could afford to buy a classic Morgan I would have a car. :)

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@Cygnus Studios said:
    I love those low and slow cruisers.

Thanks for the visit, Steve. For all my years of car involvement, I've never had a custom cruiser. If I were to buy one, it would be either a '50 or '51 Mercury. After seeing the movie " Rebel Without A Cause ", I've lusted for one of them.....properly duded out, of course.

Tom

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

@Stumblebum said:
    Really cool stuff Tom! The blue car behind the featured car is really funky looking.....like a space vehicle or something.

Hey guy. I really wanted to get a good shot of the blue one from the front but the crowds were incessant. It really is a beautiful car. Superb craftsmanship throughout. It's for dry driving only though.....it has no top.

Take care,

Tom

@Jørgen_Bjerring said:
    Fantastic cars. They remind me of my answer when people ask why I don't have a car: If I could afford to buy a classic Morgan I would have a car. :)

Hi, Jorgen, thanks for looking in.

Being the car freak that I am, I'm pretty familiar with the Morgan story. Unfortunately, all my knowledge is pretty much limited to book learning. I was at a show recently where they had 5 beautiful Morgans on display. Three were obviously classics and two were of a more recent production. I talked to one of the owners and I can tell you that he was as enthusiastic about the breed as you are.

Tom

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Good to see that you are out and about Tom. I really like the first car.

• Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2017

@black mamba said:
    If I were to buy one, it would be either a '50 or '51 Mercury. After seeing the movie " Rebel Without A Cause ", I've lusted for one of them.....properly duded out, of course.

I was at Pebble Beach a couple years back when the Hirohata Merc (the original lead sled) won. James Dean's 49 Merc was there on display also.

I grew up in a "car" family, most are into the hot rods, but there are some of us that migrated into the muscle cars.

Once I break my Vette habit and go low and slow, I will go with the 1959 Cadillac done up similar to the Wildcad. If you haven't seen that car, google it. That would be the base line for where I would start.

Steve

Website
  • willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

I love the "early aerodynamic" swoops on the customs, Tom.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

@Juano said:
    Good to see that you are out and about Tom. I really like the first car.

Thanks for commenting, Cristóbal. I'm with you on that first car.

Tom

@willard3 said:
    I love the "early aerodynamic" swoops on the customs, Tom.

The custom market, thankfully, gives the builders free reign to put as much " character " as they wish into their designs. Sadly, those options disappeared from the general auto industry years ago.

Thanks for looking in, my friend.

Tom

• DJTDJT Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins

Nice photos Tom! I was hoping to see if you're still on dgrin. The lil one (5 now!) keeps my busy. Anyhow, the AACA/CCCA meet is in Auburn this weekend. Hopefully I'll get to spend my Saturday out there to take a few photos and either post them here or get them to you somehow :D I'll have 2 L-29's in my garage this week.

@DJT said:
    Nice photos Tom! I was hoping to see if you're still on dgrin. The lil one (5 now!) keeps my busy. Anyhow, the AACA/CCCA meet is in Auburn this weekend. Hopefully I'll get to spend my Saturday out there to take a few photos and either post them here or get them to you somehow :D I'll have 2 L-29's in my garage this week.

I know, David, you've got to be really pumped about this weekend. I'd be inclined to spend the night in the garage with those two jewels. Boy, you took this being a daddy thing serious. I wish you and the gang the very best.

I'll be waiting to see what you're able to shoot at the meet. Thanks for thinking of me.

Tom

Not a great photo but a great car!

@DJT said:

Not a great photo but a great car!

Great car indeed. Have you ever driven one of the L-29 models?

@black mamba said:
    Great car indeed. Have you ever driven one of the L-29 models?

I have not. Ken offered but I turned him down a couple years ago.