Options

Tres Amigos

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited May 6, 2017 in Other Cool Shots

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Lovely focus and details Tom!

• Options
    edited May 7, 2017

@Stumblebum said:
    Lovely focus and details Tom!

Thanks, Taz. This is my once-a-year flower shot. I usually leave these subjects to those that are far better at it than I am. I do admit, though, to having a pronounced green thumb ( thanks, Mom ) and the back section of my home property displays quite a variety of really large specimens of various kinds of plants that I've nurtured over the years. This Peace Lilly, from ground level, stands over six feet tall and sports a diameter of growth exceeding eight feet. It's the largest specimen of its type that I've ever seen.

Take care, my friend,

Tom

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

Very nice capture Tom. Beautiful plant, it must be something to see in real life!

Phil

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,417 Major grins

Very nice, Tom!

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator

Beautiful comp and details, Tom!

• Options

@roaddog52 said:
    Very nice capture Tom. Beautiful plant, it must be something to see in real life!

Phil

Thanks for the visit, Phil. That plant now has about 15 of those spectacular blooms....it really is an arresting sight.

Take care,

Tom

• Options

@moose135 said:
    Very nice, Tom!

Thanks, John. The mountains will soon be bursting with new flowers. The rhododendrons should be strong in late May and early June. The displays on top of Roan Mountain, TN are usually spectacular.

Stay safe, buddy,

Tom

• Options

@kdog said:
    Beautiful comp and details, Tom!

Thanks for commenting, Joel. As I said, shooting flowers is not my usual bag but, with a plant this interesting, I had to give it a try. Those white blooms are about a foot long from base to tip.

See you,

Tom

• Options
    DJTDJT Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins

oooooooooooh. Very nice. Here in Indiana we grow rice. :neutral: It's rained a........l........o........t........

• Options

@DJT said:
    oooooooooooh. Very nice. Here in Indiana we grow rice. :neutral: It's rained a........l........o........t........

Well, we in north Florida will take any of it you can manage to send our way. There's a huge fire that started in south Georgia ( gobbled up 130,000 acres so far ) that they can't get a handle on yet. We've been getting the smoke from it here in Jacksonville.

Enjoy the weekend.

Tom

• Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

Nice composition, Tom.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata