Options

Mac help! Upload tool without limits?

spider-tspider-t Registered Users Posts: 443 Major grins
edited December 2, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I've searched around the forum a bit and can't find this answer.

I have a friend who uses a mac and smugmug and doesn't know much at at all about computers. I try to help her out, but I'm a Windows and UNIX girl myself.

She tries to upload her 100's of shots from her little pocket pentax and I think she's running into the upload limit. But not in a graceful way. She doesn't get a status window that says the upload is happening, or that it has stopped and failed. She's not sure what's happening, so she'll start the upload again. Then she gets a ton of duplicates in her gallery and gets herself all confused. She really spends hours trying to get her stuff up and makes nothing but a mess.

Is there a good simple upload tool she can use that doesn't have upload limits? I have used a couple PC apps like Smugmug Explorer or Send to Smugmug.

She doesn't use iPhoto either. Should she start there? She tried iPhoto, but can't understand where the photos go when she uses it. And can't find them later. So she gives up and uploads them again with her camera software again on to her desktop. I tell you, when I sit down to see what she's done it's a mess. Mac's are such a mystery to me.

Maybe some fancy Mac user could describe to me their upload workflow and photo management and I could translate it for her.

thanks!
Trish

Comments