How to post pics

EvertkingEvertking Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
Just that.. how do I post pics.

Comments

• Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,448 Major grins

Since you are new, new members need to post a few times before you're allowed to post photos.

• EvertkingEvertking Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    Ok, sound fair and seems like a good bunch of people around here. Thanks!
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

Hi there, Evertking and welcome to Dgrin . We restrict the privileges of new members for a short time to reduce the amount of spam on the forum. Stick around, though, it shouldn't take long.

• EvertkingEvertking Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    > @Richard said:
    > Hi there, Evertking and welcome to Dgrin ![](https://us.v-cdn.net/6029383/uploads/emoji/wave.gif ""). We restrict the privileges of new members for a short time to reduce the amount of spam on the forum. Stick around, though, it shouldn't take long.
    >

Thanks and I understand. I'm gonna stick around and try and learn something.
  • JimW60JimW60 Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    That was my question as well, how many post before one is allowed to post a photograph. Thanks.

@JimW60 said:
    That was my question as well, how many post before one is allowed to post a photograph. Thanks.

That's top secret, but I think that if you log out of Dgrin and log in again, you should be good to go.

• Nick2000AUNick2000AU Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    Top secret ? Nothing in this world is top secret now, just hard to find :)
  • cloudandland1cloudandland1 Registered Users Posts: 4 Big grins
    edited May 16, 2018
    I will wait. :)
  • FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins

it is sad, how a poor forum design can draw people away form posting.. :|

Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • venkatmangudivenkatmangudi Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    So what really is the secret number? I tried logging off and on twice. Also, I had saved a draft message and I can't find it now. :-)

Regards,

Venkat

My portfolios at Flickr and Smugmug

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

@venkatmangudi said:
    So what really is the secret number? I tried logging off and on twice. Also, I had saved a draft message and I can't find it now. :-)

You'll need to post a few more times.

Unfortunately I don't seem to know the magic for finding your drafts on a computer but if you access this forum from a mobile device you will see a Drafts section when you touch the icon in the upper left.

I'm pretty sure that drafts are specific to the discussion you were preparing them in, so if you go back to that discussion, it should be in the reply box. I'm not sure what happens if the draft was in a new discussion that was never posted.

edited May 22, 2018

@Richard said:
    I'm pretty sure that drafts are specific to the discussion you were preparing them in, so if you go back to that discussion, it should be in the reply box.

That's true but unfortunately you need to know which discussion it is in unless you access DGrin on a mobile device.

That's interesting. I always access Dgrin from a laptop so I never saw the Drafts section. Does something appear there if you start to compose a new thread but don't actually post it?

edited May 22, 2018

@Richard said:
    Does something appear there if you start to compose a new thread but don't actually post it?

I just tried that. It appears that it an unposted thread just disappears if I enter it on the mobile device. It doesn't show in the drafts section.

If I start a thread on my computer and save it as a draft then it does show as a draft on the mobile device.

I also usually access DGrin from a computer but I discovered a while back that it was possible to delete drafts of comments that I thought better of and didn't want to post by accessing it on my phone. I was able to delete the unwanted entries from there, while on the computer Vanilla seems to want to keep the draft even if I change my mind.

I just tried starting a new discussion but saved it as a draft without a category or title. It appeared in my drafts list as the first sentence I saved, and I could reopen it to continue editing.

Unfortunately, the desktop version of Vanilla does not offer direct navigation to drafts. However, if you enter the url dgrin.com/drafts/ you get the complete list. If this is something you need regularly, consider making a bookmark for the url in your browser.

edited May 22, 2018

@venkatmangudi said:
    Also, I had saved a draft message and I can't find it now. :-)

Try this url: https://dgrin.com/drafts

• venkatmangudivenkatmangudi Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    > @Richard said:
    > @venkatmangudi said:
    > Also, I had saved a draft message and I can't find it now. :-)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Try this url:

Thank you! I found it...

Regards,

Venkat

My portfolios at Flickr and Smugmug

• sallybsallyb Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    > @"Hikin' Mike" said:
    > Since you are new, new members need to post a few times before you're allowed to post photos.
    I had the same question so you have helped a lot of people today :)
    edited May 29, 2018

@sallyb said:
    I had the same question ...

You need to post a few times before you are allowed to post photos.

Your profile shows that this is your only post so far. It also shows that you joined today. I believe in addition to posting a number of times you also need to be a member for a time.

• sallybsallyb Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    > @denisegoldberg said:
    > @sallyb said:
    > I had the same question ...
    >
    > You need to post a few times before you are allowed to post photos.
    >
    > Your profile shows that this is your only post so far. It also shows that you joined today. I believe in addition to posting a number of times you also need to be a member for a time.

Understood now. Thanks for the information
  • BrodyBrody Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins

@Richard said:
    I just tried starting a new discussion but saved it as a draft without a category or title. It appeared in my drafts list as the first sentence I saved, and I could reopen it to continue editing.

Unfortunately, the desktop version of Vanilla does not offer direct navigation to drafts. However, if you enter the url dgrin.com/drafts/ you get the complete list. If this is something you need regularly, consider making a bookmark for the url in your browser.

Bingo Richard!!! After hours of chasing missing drafts, your tip was an istant cure! Hope all is well - I haven't been to Dgrin for a few years, and it seems lots has changed... I don't remember the Vanilla name before. Guess I got me some learnin' to do :O Hope all is well with you!

Travel & Landscape Favorites at JohnBrody.com / Facebook / Blog / JohnBrodyPhotography.com
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey John, good to see you

Post some pics and let us know what you've been up to.

• NealBallNealBall Registered Users Posts: 8 Big grins
    Most odd - I have to post something before I can show a photo.... I'm a photographer, I want to post a photo !!!!!! Bizarre rule to say the least

@NealBall said:
    Most odd - I have to post something before I can show a photo.... I'm a photographer, I want to post a photo !!!!!! Bizarre rule to say the least

Yes, I understand. We do it that way to discourage spammers from cluttering up the site. If you log off Dgrin and log on again, you should be able to post photos now.

• schmadschmad Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    I would like to post photos in challenges. Please let me know how to do this. I don't want to make random posts to get this privilege. What are my options? Thanks.
  • robvanpraatrobvanpraat Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    Too bad that some posts are required, the good are suffering from the bad. But it's always and everywhere like this. Aren't people just spamming now in order to post picture?
  • PJPhotoPJPhoto Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins

I'm a new member, has taken 5 posts and about a week to allow image and links to be posted. Seems fair to me!

• Legit_WizardLegit_Wizard Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    Hi all,

I am new here & really keen to show some photo's - hopefully I don't need to force post too many times in order to share my art :lol:

@Legit_Wizard said:
    Hi all,

I am new here & really keen to show some photo's - hopefully I don't need to force post too many times in order to share my art :lol:

Sorry for the inconvenience You should be able to post pics now, but you may need to log off and log on again first.