Converted to monochrome using Silver FX antique plate II preset:

Both images blended in luminosity mode:

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Wow! More like mastery and brilliance!!

• Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,831 Major grins

I like this set, Richard. My favorite version is the second, although I think I might like it even more with less sepia and more black/grey.

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,918 moderator
    edited May 25, 2017

@Stumblebum said:
    Wow! More like mastery and brilliance!!

You're way too kind, Taz, but thanks.

@sarasphotos said:
    I like this set, Richard. My favorite version is the second, although I think I might like it even more with less sepia and more black/grey.

Cheers, Sara. When I was working on it, I had #3 in mind as the goal. Since tinting doesn't affect a luminosity blend, I didn't think about it; it was just part of the preset I used and I didn't bother to change it. It was only after the fact that I thought that #2 could stand on its own. In general, I tend to think that sepia is contrived. It's like selective color--something everyone has to try when they first start processing photos--but usually not as good a choice as plain black and white. #2 might be better without it, but it does seem to go with the the faded edge, antique look. Dunno, maybe I'll try it later and see.

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator

I like the final result, it's quite pleasing.

• Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator

I actually like the first one from the camera the best, but the final product is nice also and kind of gives it a poster like quality. Kudos Richard!

• Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

I agree with Sara on #2. I do like sepia for certain things, in this case I like it, but I would try to darken the tone a bit. I like the effect though.

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,918 moderator

Thanks for commenting, Denise, Joyce and Cristóbal. I played around with #2 a bit and decided to leave it alone for now.

• Options
    TasmanianTasmanian Registered Users Posts: 486 Major grins

Nice set but I like more thje first one :)