Tuba player (one for puzzledpaul)

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,912 moderator
edited May 31, 2017 in Other Cool Shots

Low enough?

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Really cool expression....
    PP's pet peeves are......light, background, comp, pose, and low POV....
    I think you hit them all Richard.....but lets hope PP shows up...

• Options

Thanks, Taz. Much appreciated.

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

We need a PP finder!!

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Many Grins

Wonderful capture. The best detail is his eyes. What is he looking at? Notes? The sexy girl in row one? His new-born son on the arms of his beautiful wife?

• Options
    puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2017

@Stumblebum said:
    We need a PP finder!!

Mrs pp's standard lament - when she wants some work / task doing ...

Yes, a good catch / well seen - but, since it seems (some) people are expecting nits / comments -
    Not keen on the spotty background
    Bit of window sticking out of his chin is slightly annoying
    Light's fine - but I'd wonder what something with more 'drama / modelling' would look like - especially if it'd rendered the bg even more oof / less distracting?
    80% of the stated / quoted pppp are nowt to do with me - I first saw them on DG, mentioned by zoomer.
    And ... although I know sod all about shooting people / portraits - I could imagine such exponents mumbling about nasal cavity shots :)

If it was me playing (fat chance) my faraway gaze would be associated with thoughts of how much this bloke with the camera was going to give me, now I've made his day?

Btw, I also recently took some pics at a wedding (daughter's friend's) of a sax player - from both a low pov (had angle finder with me) and at the player's eye level - and whilst not as nice as this, I, iirc - preferred the eye level shots.
    On this basis / experience, I suspect this scene could've supported many different povs / shots which would've also been pretty good?

If me - and I'd got the right kit with me, I'd have also tried for a closer selfie reflection in the convex bit of the mouthpiece - a possibility now offered / available to me through a recent £££ spend via a 100/400 mk 2 and its very close mfd @ 400mm.

pp

• Options

Thanks Jørgen and Paul. I agree with the nits, but of course, this wasn't a posed shot--I haven't a clue about staging and have never had the opportunity. This guy was part of a band playing on the street. Thinking of Paul, I sat down on the sidewalk to get some lower perspective shots. I have no idea what the musician was looking at, but he was working the crowd and having a pretty good time.