Controlling text size in all gallery "Descriptions"

WildWorldWildWorld Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
edited October 15, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I'm wondering if anyone knows if there's a way to change the text size for the "Descriptions" in all galleries at one go. At present I'm using the code <span style="font-size: 13pt"> to set the text size for each gallery. To change the text size for all galleries, I have to go to the edit descriptions box for each gallery individually and change the pt number eg 13 pt to 14 pt.

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,007 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2013
    WildWorld wrote: »
    I'm wondering if anyone knows if there's a way to change the text size for the "Descriptions" in all galleries at one go. At present I'm using the code <span style="font-size: 13pt"> to set the text size for each gallery. To change the text size for all galleries, I have to go to the edit descriptions box for each gallery individually and change the pt number eg 13 pt to 14 pt.
    I have the same in a bunch of gallery descriptions in legacy. Rather then editing a whole bunch of
    descriptions I've managed to override most of it on NewSmug using this class name added in "all galleries" CSS.

.sm-gallery-description {....}
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • WildWorldWildWorld Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited October 14, 2013
    Thanks Allen - I'll try it out :):
  • ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2013
    Could the full code be posted, please, for us CSS-impaired types? thanks.
  • leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited October 14, 2013
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    Could the full code be posted, please, for us CSS-impaired types? thanks.
    .sm-gallery-description {
      font-size: 20px;
      color: #28D3D3;
    }

Change font size and color as required.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2013
    Thank-you - big help
    Very much appreciated thumb.gif
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2013
    Thank you!
  • CHRISRIEFENBERGCHRISRIEFENBERG Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    Hey @leftquark

i was wondering what I m doing wrong. I copied the css command you posted in the custom css of my theme. Once I saved it everything is still the same. It seems to have no effect.
    However I tried several other commands and they all dont work or do nothing. So i m pretty sure i m doing something wrong,but I cant get my head around the problem.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Chris
  • Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,448 Major grins

@CHRISRIEFENBERG said:
    Hey @leftquark

i was wondering what I m doing wrong. I copied the css command you posted in the custom css of my theme. Once I saved it everything is still the same. It seems to have no effect.

However I tried several other commands and they all dont work or do nothing. So i m pretty sure i m doing something wrong,but I cant get my head around the problem.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Chris

This is an old thread and I think the code has changed. If you want to change the color or size for the gallery descriptions use this:

.sm-user-ui .sm-gallery-cover .sm-gallery-cover-description {
        color: yellow;
        font-size: 20px;
        }

If you ant to change the color or size of the gallery titles use this:

.sm-user-ui .sm-gallery-cover .sm-gallery-cover-title {
        color: red;
        font size: 30px;
        }

Thanks a lot @"Hikin' Mike"

so good to know that its not my mistake but just an old command. I didnt expect codes to change haha. Feels so good thanks heaps!
    Is there a page, where I can find all this up-to-date commands so that i dont have to ask every time? I mean I dont mind asking but you probably answer tons of comments each day :)

What is the command in order to customise the font? This is what I found but it doesnt seem to work either. font-face: Arial;

Best wishes and thanks for solving my problem!

Chris
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,007 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2017

Only the class names and ID's on a page probably have changed, the parameters in the CSS are the same.
    One of many references: https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
    edited June 6, 2017

Thanks a lot @Allen

this issue is completely solved for me now and the reference is a great help to look for yourself!

• Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,448 Major grins

@Allen said:
    Only the class names and ID's on a page probably have changed, the parameters in the CSS are the same.
    One of many references: https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/

I think SM changed things when they added cover images. .sm-gallery-description wasn't working anymore. Had to use .sm-user-ui .sm-gallery-cover .sm-gallery-cover-description and .sm-user-ui .sm-gallery-cover .sm-gallery-cover-title for titles.