Nevada Falls from Glacier Point

Vernal Falls from Glacier Point

Panoramic View from Glacier Point

Half Dome from Glacier Point

Last Light on Mount Florence from Glacier Point

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator

Wow! Love the Fern Springs shot, very interesting mix of textures.

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Wonderful Mike!
    Glacier point shot with clouds covering half dome, and last shot!

• Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,033 Major grins

Great series Mike. The Glacier Point pano is wonderful. and the reflection of Yosemite Falls - Wow.
    I especially love the Fern creek shot - out of all the wonderful falls in Yosemite, Fern Creek is one of my favorite stops - go figure!
    I'm headed to Yosemite again tomorrow for a last look at big water :smiley: - before the heat of summer drains the snowpack to nothing.

• Options
    roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

Great set. Really like the last image!
    Phil

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,450 Major grins

Thanks everybody!

@Cavalier said:
    Great series Mike. The Glacier Point pano is wonderful. and the reflection of Yosemite Falls - Wow.
    I especially love the Fern creek shot - out of all the wonderful falls in Yosemite, Fern Creek is one of my favorite stops - go figure!
    I'm headed to Yosemite again tomorrow for a last look at big water :smiley: - before the heat of summer drains the snowpack to nothing.

For years I never stopped at Fern Springs. It's such a cool little feature. I have a tough time capturing it to my liking. Going back for the next full moon and maybe another try.

I assume you know about the construction. Go early.

• Options
    edited May 21, 2017

Yea, I knew about the construction in Big Oak Flat, but wasn't fully aware of the valley construction. I had planned coming into the park through the south gate (41) and exiting on Big Oak Flat (120). I normally stay in Mariposa and use the west gate, but decided to it a little differently this time. I may have made the wrong choice! But I'll be starting out from Oakhurst probably around 5 or 6am, so it may not be too bad by the time I get to the valley. And this was probably way more than you wanted to read! Edit Update - In looking at where 41 dumps into the valley - it is right at the start of the construction and if I want to go to Fern Creek I would have to make 2 passes..............so I'm passing! Thanks for the heads-up, Mike.
    This shot of Fern Creek doesn't compare to yours, but thought you'd like to see it during less wet years and with it's namesake posing :D (taken in August of 2011).

• Options

By the way, Mike............do you ever get to the Castle Air Museum in Atwater for photos? I went there a number of years ago and fell in love with the place - the music, the wonderful aircraft, the photo ops - all an experience.

• Options

Nice take on Fern Springs @Cavalier! They are doing construction within the park too. Parking is limited.

I was stationed at Castle 1986 - 1990. I stayed here, obviously. A few weeks ago I was at the museum because they had a car show, and I drove my '69 Firebird there. After the show I drove around the grounds and took photos of my car with some of the airplanes.

• Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,830 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2017

@Cavalier @Hikin' Mike
    re: Castle Air Museum... I've probably mentioned this before (and I'll probably mention it again... :) )... in the 80's and into the early 90's my father was a volunteer and for a couple of years the Leader of the CAM. He was instrumental in the recovery and repair of the B47 that stands there (the last of its type to every fly) as well as a couple of other 80's era restorations. As a matter of fact his name is painted on the side of the plane as Crew Chief. He just loved that place!
    I'll have to visit again the next time I'm in that part of California...

Oh, and Mike - thanks for taking me back to my beloved Yosemite, sight of several 60's camping trips any many day trips through the 70's and 80's. My favorites are the two Half Dome shots.

• Options

@sarasphotos said:
    @Cavalier @Hikin' Mike
    re: Castle Air Museum... I've probably mentioned this before (and I'll probably mention it again... :) )... in the 80's and into the early 90's my father was a volunteer and for a couple of years the Leader of the CAM. He was instrumental in the recovery and repair of the B47 that stands there (the last of its type to every fly) as well as a couple of other 80's era restorations. As a matter of fact his name is painted on the side of the plane as Crew Chief. He just loved that place!
    I'll have to visit again the next time I'm in that part of California...

Oh, and Mike - thanks for taking me back to my beloved Yosemite, sight of several 60's camping trips any many day trips through the 70's and 80's. My favorites are the two Half Dome shots.

Small world...lol!

• Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins

wow! the last three look very 'biblical'. Very awesome!

• Options
    JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

Spectacular set, thank you for sharing! I've yet to get to Yosemite, and I partially blame all the wonderful photographers out there. They make it so beautiful, I worry my eyes won't really see it. lol