Coconino National Forest, Arizona

CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Criticism is always appreciated.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

First 2 are wall hangers for me!

Last one, I wish there was less empty area in middle and bit more space between stone and bottom.....getting lower on tripod probably could do it.....

Cheers Don!

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Taz, thanks very much for the constructive critique! I should have thought of getting lower at the time, but I didn't. I recall being primarily concerned with cutting out the empty sky. I'm not sure that lowering the tripod would have worked but I should have thought about it. Glad you like the other two.

• Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins

1st one is definitely a wall hanger.

The 2nd one is nice, but for me not as dramatic or as eye catching as the first one.

The 3rd one suffers a bit with all the boring green grass. It's just not compelling to me.

I cannot fault the photography in either the 2nd or the 3rd shots, it looks like you did all you could with the landscape. Maybe a little lower in both, but I'm not sure that it would have made that much of a difference. The expanse of green on the bottom of both images doesn't please the eye so much. (Hopefully that makes sense). As an example, in the 3rd shot, if that field was covered in wild flowers, and the sky had some interesting clouds we would all probably want a print to hang on the wall.

Steve

Website
  • JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

Beautiful set!

1 is the winner for me, definitely ready to hang.

2 is very nice, but the sun star is just a little too close to the top of the frame for my liking. But really, that's just a small personal nit-picky thing, the photo really is fabulous.

3 I'd like to see that one cropped into a pan, eliminating BOTH rocks at the bottom, giving a cut of thirds between grass / trees&mountain / sky.

Thanks for sharing, it's all so nice!

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

"The expanse of green on the bottom of both images doesn't please the eye so much. (Hopefully that makes sense). As an example, in the 3rd shot, if that field was covered in wild flowers, and the sky had some interesting clouds we would all probably want a print to hang on the wall."

Steve, thanks. I see your point. It made me realize that this is a better area to photograph in August than in June. Then there would be wildflowers and clouds. I'll bear that in mind and try again. It's good to have a reason to go back to this area!

JonaBeth, thanks. I like to hear nit-picky things, as I often agree with them.

• JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

Sorry, I meant 'cropped into a pano' reagarding the 3rd image.