No Photo RSS from a folder?

MikeLaurelMikeLaurel Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins

In Phanfare, we could get a few different Photo RSS feeds from a subsite. There was one to show the most recent additions, another to pick from all pictures on the subsite, and a third that I didn't use.

I see SmugMug can show Photo RSS (provided your gallery is public), but it seems I can only get it off of an individual gallery. Is there no way to get a Photo RSS feed from a folder, picking from all galleries and folders contained within the folder? I use these for things like PixStar photo frames and John's background switcher. Yes, these tools can show individual galleries from SmugMug (and I'm having difficulty getting them to work with SmugMug), but the great thing about the Photo RSS with Phanfare is that I could have it randomly pick photos from an entire subsite. I can't figure out a way to do that with a SmugMug folder. It sure would be nice if I could.

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins

Create a gallery and make it smart in settings. Add all the galleries you want to draw from. Use this for your feed.

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • MikeLaurelMikeLaurel Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins

@Allen said:
    Create a gallery and make it smart in settings. Add all the galleries you want to draw from. Use this for your feed.

Thanks for the tip. It somewhat does what I want, but I encountered a problem: I'm limited to 5 rules. I was trying to specifically include certain galleries in a feed, but I'm limited to 5 galleries using that method, as each is a rule. Too bad I can't give it a folder and have it take everything underneath it.

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins

You can add a unique keyword to every photo in all the galleries you want to include and use t hat KW for the smart gallery.

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog