Options

Abrupt Interuption

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited June 19, 2017 in Other Cool Shots

Cruising through central Vermont, I came across this beautiful river that had a most stunning complex of massive rock formations and waterfalls. The picture here shows but a portion of these spread-out features. I was setting up my tripod to capture this particular perspective when this lass strutted by and took a spot slap in the middle of my intended scene. Looking over my shoulder, I saw a cadre of her similarly clad friends descending on the same spot. Sensing an impending social dilemma, I prudently decided to move elsewhere. Before leaving, though, I turned and fired off this handheld shot.....just to have something to remind me of how beautiful the place was, you understand.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins

There are certainly worse ways to be photo bombed :p

Steve

Website
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2017

@Cygnus Studios said:
    There are certainly worse ways to be photo bombed :p

Ain't dat da truth.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,186 moderator

I always have a modeling contract in my bag when this situation happens, which it never has, yet. Always be prepared is what they taught me in boy scouts.

So where else did you go shoot, and did those shots come out as great as this one?

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options

@David_S85 said:
    I always have a modeling contract in my bag when this situation happens, which it never has, yet. Always be prepared is what they taught me in boy scouts.

So where else did you go shoot, and did those shots come out as great as this one?

It's always great to hear from you, David. You make a good point on the contract issue. I've always figured that if you're in a public place, you're fair game. Under current legal opinions, though, I'm not sure that's always the case. The way our rights have been assailed, you never know.

I shot all around that rock and waterfall scene....or scenes, as there was quite an array of them. I'm just getting around to process stuff.

• Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

Fun story!

• Options
    Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins

@black mamba said:
    You make a good point on the contract issue. I've always figured that if you're in a public place, you're fair game. Under current legal opinions, though, I'm not sure that's always the case. The way our rights have been assailed, you never know.

There are also apps for both Android and Apple where you can get people to sign right on your phone/tablet.

Even when things are perfectly legal, that doesn't mean someone won't be upset. It doesn't always stop them or someone else from calling the cops. It doesn't always stop them from suing you.

Just in case, I always ask for permission first.

Steve

Website
  • Options

@Juano said:
    Fun story!

Good to hear from you, buddy.

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

How come I only get interrupted by Fishermen and inconsiderate photogs who walk in my shots......
    Never one like this.....
    Reminds me of your thread when you went to Daytona was it? When a "creature" jumped in front of your camera Tom!
    You got the creature magnet!!

• Options
    edited June 20, 2017

@Stumblebum said:
    How come I only get interrupted by Fishermen and inconsiderate photogs who walk in my shots......
    Never one like this.....
    Reminds me of your thread when you went to Daytona was it? When a "creature" jumped in front of your camera Tom!
    You got the creature magnet!!

I tell you, Taz, the " creatures " you can see during Daytona's Bike Week can rock your senses. Some, you would proudly squire up and down Main Street, others will have you scurrying to find your bike and get out of town immediately.

I never considered this magnet connection. It explains everything. Now I know why they keep ingratiating themselves into my images.

See you.

• Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

So: where is this in Vermont? Looks like the Mad River

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options

@willard3 said:
    So: where is this in Vermont? Looks like the Mad River

I wish I could be more specific for you, but I can't. I was on the third leg of a 16 day car trip through Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont. Honestly, if I didn't have photos of the trip, I wouldn't swear that I was even on such a mission. That's how bad it all runs together in my memory. I entered Vermont from New Hampshire at about the middle section of the state and headed north toward Stowe. I think I found these river features fairly soon after getting into Vermont. Sorry, but that's the best I can do.

Each of these 3 states has a lot to offer the tourist. I highly recommend a relaxed, casual timeframe, if possible. Personally, my favorite of the 3 was Vermont....followed very closely by Maine.