Options

Architectural shot

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

Comments

• Options
    Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins

I like this one. Would make for a beautiful billboard.

Steve

Website
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

its wonderful Cristobal!
    Just a thought.....explore what you think if the top shiny band is cropped off.......to me it immediately becomes less busy...and eyes can explore and enjoy it.....but it just might be matter of taste.
    Cheers!

• Options

@Cygnus Studios said:
    I like this one. Would make for a beautiful billboard.

Thanks

@Stumblebum said:
    its wonderful Cristobal!
    Just a thought.....explore what you think if the top shiny band is cropped off.......to me it immediately becomes less busy...and eyes can explore and enjoy it.....but it just might be matter of taste.
    Cheers!

Good eye Taz, you're probably right. Thanks.

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

I like this one a lot as well. Taz's suggestion made for an improvement. I'm not usually drawn to such a busy shot but this one warrants several visits.

Tom

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options

OK Taz wins...

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,919 moderator

Or...leave the top alone and crop the bottom to just below the purple beams. Then bring in the sides a bit to get the proportions to taste. In the original, I found my eye drawn to the blue posters at the bottom, which distracted me from the overall geometry.

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator

Losing the lights at the top makes the photo much less appealing to me. Of the two, I much prefer the original image.

• Options

Can't go wrong either way......I think I like this more....easier on my eyes....cheers!

• Options

Wow, everyone with a different opinion or suggestion. Like Taz says, can't go wrong any way, it's all up to personal preference. In my case, I need to let it sit for a while and come back to it at a later time.
    Thanks for the input!

• Options
    Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins

@Juano said:
    Wow, everyone with a different opinion or suggestion. Like Taz says, can't go wrong any way, it's all up to personal preference. In my case, I need to let it sit for a while and come back to it at a later time.
    Thanks for the input!

While I liked the original best, the new version is still good. I agree with Denise, the new version loses a little something. I am curious to see which version you'll like best in the end. Update the thread when you decide.

Steve

Website
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2017

OK here are a few alternatives

Original

à la Taz

à la Richard

I think I am favoring Richard's idea.

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited June 27, 2017

I like Richard's idea too, with the original my second choice.

I think I'd like to see just a bit more cropped from the bottom with the lowest part of the image the two strips of purple with the gold between them. I also prefer the top edge of the original photo.

• Options
    edited June 28, 2017

All lovely and well seen subject!
    Still prefer #2 for the fact it is cleaner, less busy, and the while lights add something, they also take it out of realm of abstract/fine art and into something finite like a lovely piece of architecture. Also lights kind of remind me of red light district, not that I have ever been to one.
    Having said that, for #3, if the bottom strip below purple is gone, it is rather nice as well!
    Cheers m8!