Options

Extreme Baseball

TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins

In the just-over Spring Babe Ruth baseball season I took a gazillion photographs of my two grandsons. One a
first baseman and the other a catcher, but on two different teams. Traditional sports action photos...ball coming
off the bat, the mighty swing, ball almost in the mitt, the slide, the tag. Standard post-processing of crop only.

With the season over, though, it's time for some silliness and extreme post-processing:

Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Like them! Very cool!

• Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,034 Major grins

I like the processing too. Tell me, did you use Topaz?

• Options
    TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins

Cavalier...No, I don't own Topaz. Normal LR processing, brought into Photoshop, tweaked some more,
    converted to black and white in NIK Silver Efex Pro, ran it through NIK's Color Efex "Detail Extractor" for
    extreme detail, and then added PS's Poster Edges filter.

The photo of the grandson playing first base had some distracting background in the upper part
    of the image, so that was taken out using PS Layer Mask over a grey-filled layer. Left the background in
    on my grandson-the-catcher, but dodged some parts so they'd blend in.

I have to admit that I'm sloppy at this type of thing because I don't label layers so I know what I've
    done when I look back them. I just keep playing around for an effect that I want at the end.

Here's the color shot of the first base play. In the black and white, I tried to isolate just key parts.

Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

Love the processing, Tony

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata