Topaz Studio and Adjustment Pro Pack

bfluegiebfluegie Registered Users Posts: 736 Major grins

Does anyone know about this product? I used a few of the Topaz plug-ins in the past when I used Photoshop Elements. I mainly used Adjust but I have a few others. I haven’t used them in Photoshop or Lightroom, but I know they can be used—I just didn’t install them when I switched from Elements.

I got an email from Topaz Labs that Studio Adjustment Pro Pack is on sale. If I read the email correctly, the Pro Pack is $99 with a coupon code. Apparently Studio is free, but the adjustment add-ins cost. I’m not 100% sure if that’s how it works or not. I think Studio is a stand-alone program with 10 adjustments included, or it can also work as a Photoshop or Lightroom plug-in. In addition, the plug-ins I already have will work with Studio. The Pro Pack contains 14 additional adjustments. I think that’s everything Topaz has released for Studio so far, and the website states that updates are free. That is true for the plug-ins since I can always go to my account and download what I have ordered in the past and get the latest version.

But what I am wondering is if anyone has used this product. I haven’t updated Photoshop or Lightroom since Adobe went to a cloud based product. I still have CS6 and Lightroom 4. To be fair, I haven’t been doing much for the last few years, but I hope to start back up when I retire in a few months. I am not sure I will want to get into the constant bleed of a subscription, even at $10 per month. Topaz wasn’t mentioned in the recent “Lightroom Alternatives” thread, so I thought I would ask. The offer ends today, 6/30/17. Sorry for the late notice, but I must have missed the original email and I just saw the reminder yesterday. Would a one-time $99 investment give a reasonable alternative to the Adobe products? Are there any serious limitations to Studio? I mostly do landscape photography and I don’t expect to have huge quantities of photos to process.

Just in case anyone is interested, these are links for the free program:
web.topazlabs.com/
web.topazlabs.com/free-features/

Here’s the Pro Pack link:
web.topazlabs.com/product/adjustment-pro-pack/

And, a 24 minute video walk-through
web.topazlabs.com/2017/06/topaz-studio-walkthrough-and-welcome/

~~Barbara

Comments

• affiligateaffiligate Banned Posts: 2
    i like your post
  • studio12cstudio12c Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins

I have the 10 dollar subscription to adobe and have two of the topaz presets. I used them both with CS. If I looking to purchase an enhancement program for Lighroom and Photoshop I would look at ON1. I have ON1 10 and use it more then the topaz plugins.