Wildlife Mixture!!

OriasOrias Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
edited July 19, 2017 in Wildlife

HI all,

It's been a while since I posted some shots from my regular-ish trips to various zoo's and the English countryside! Here's a few for critique/feedback, good or bad, it's all part of learning for me:

(makes a change from my normal uploads of various snakes and reptiles!)

Cheers!

Comments

• Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins

I like the owl shot.

the bat is really cool, but the palm trees throws it off a bit for some reason.

The beetle is really good, so well done on that one.

The fox shot is nice, although I do wish that it was facing the camera.

Steve

Website
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,234 moderator

My favorite of this set is the owl.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Super set!

• OriasOrias Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins

Thanks very much for the feedback, appreciate it. I think the owl is one of the best too, I edited the background to make it B&W so the owl (mostly the eyes) "pop" a bit more.

The Fruit Bat is from a recent holiday to the Maldives. They just appear out of nowhere and go back into the trees, so it's hard to "plan" a shot. This was about the best I could do for a shot that's vaguely in focus. But I agree, the tree does get in the way (I already removed quite a lot of it).

The Fox is from the bottom our garden in England. I liked the way he sort of blended in with the golden hour sunlight, and it was like I was a hidden observer watching him hunt :). I did get a head-on shot though, just missed the focus very slightly:

And one of him pouncing on some unsuspecting animal:

Thanks again,
    Cheers

• TasmanianTasmanian Registered Users Posts: 486 Major grins

Absolutly Fantastic ! Love this set ! <3<3<3

• cosmicrealitycosmicreality Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    Wow that fox is amazing. Love the first fox shot, but I also like the pouncing action one. You must've had a blast photographing this creature.

San Francisco wedding photographer. My portfolio: chocostudio.com/city-hall/

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Many Grins

What a great cocktail!

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Amazing work!