No more harbour

When I was a boy Nordhavn (Northern Harbour) in Copenhagen was a living harbour with lot of different ships and cargos. As in many European ports this is history. The former harbour areas are now crowded with fancy and expensive residential buildings and ships are limited to passenger ships and cruise liners. Shops are unusual – wine bars and restaurants more common.

1. Residental buildings

2. Residental buildings

3. Residental buildings

4. Little boxes - all the same

5. Former silos to the left (now residental building) and right (now office building)

1. The buildings in front have green roofs

1. In the background Svanemølleværket (power station)

1. Passenger ship

2. UN City

3. UN City

4. Harbour pool

5. Nordhavn Parking House (with rooftop playgrund)

6. View to the rooftop playground

7. Rooftop playground

8. Rooftop playground

9. Rooftop playground

10. Rooftop playground

11. Rooftop playground

12. View from rooftop playground

13. View from rooftop playground

14. Wine bar

15. View to Trekroner - former sea fortress

16. View to Trekroner

17. View to Refshaleøen (industrial area)

Comments

• Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins

That is a super cool thing to do with an old silo. Some of these buildings are cookie cutter and some modern looking, but I think it gives it a unique look from afar.

Steve

Website
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Many Grins

@Cygnus Studios said: ...

Many thanks for your comment, Steve. May be the unique look will increase. Some architects want with this project to make Copenhagen »the most Dickable City in the World«!

(cut from my daily newspaper Politiken)

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Terrific series....good architectural work. Seeing the boats in #29 piqued my interest. Would you know if those kind of boats are American imports or are they of European manufacture?

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Many Grins

@black mamba said:
    Terrific series....good architectural work. Seeing the boats in #29 piqued my interest. Would you know if those kind of boats are American imports or are they of European manufacture?

Many thanks for your comment. I don't know a thing about the boats. :)