Colorful Kathmandu 2017

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins

This was my third trip to Kathmandu, and again i couldn't plan anything beyond Kathmandu. Here few images from this trip, this time i was able to visit Pashupatinat temple along with Durbar square and Boudhanath. Here are random clicks from trip, you can visit my gallery

Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Awais, as always a wonderful series. I never tire of your shared glimpses of the fascinating people and places I may never get to visit. Of this series I especially like the portraits #2 & #10 and in #4 the way the light spills on the two girls checking out the smartphone. I'm also fond of #9 - after all of the closeups, it's nice to see an overview.

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited June 9, 2017

I love your photos Awais! My favorites of this set are #1 (I think because of the dog sitting with the person I assume is his owner) and #5.

• TasmanianTasmanian Registered Users Posts: 486 Major grins

Wonderful !

A lot of souvenirs. I traveled in Nepal 3 months in 1983 and 3 months in 1985... :)

• roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins

Travel comes alive. Very colourful and vivid display of life in this wonderful country

• Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins

I'm more a fan of the direct portraits like 2, 8 and 10. You captured the story in the their faces very well.

Steve

Website
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins

@Tasmanian said:
    Wonderful !

A lot of souvenirs. I traveled in Nepal 3 months in 1983 and 3 months in 1985... :)

Wish i had seen world in 80's much more original and fun to photograph :smiley:

Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

thanks all :smile:

My Gallery
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Many Grins

Impressing captures.

• TasmanianTasmanian Registered Users Posts: 486 Major grins

@Awais Yaqub said:

@Tasmanian said:
    Wonderful !

Wish i had seen world in 80's much more original and fun to photograph :smiley:

Yes, I guess. Some tourists and just after the boom of the hippies era. Many of these were still in Nepal in 1983 (Thamel in Kathmandu and Pokkhara).

:)

• DavidRGillespieDavidRGillespie Registered Users Posts: 819 Many Grins

All the images are great, but I truly love # 10. Thanks for sharing this series.

@DavidRGillespie said:
    All the images are great, but I truly love # 10. Thanks for sharing this series.

Thanks David

My Gallery

@SashaGomez said:
    Awais, I will like to say that you have shared nice shots of Kathmandu with all of us. I like them and love to say no 9 fascinate e so much. I really want to visit this place. Would you like to share something about members behavior of this place?

Dear Sasha,
    I am glad you enjoyed the series. People are just awesome, and welcoming. this was my third trip and i never came across a single incident which could be considered negative.

My Gallery
  • SiobhanLaverySiobhanLavery Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    Dear Awais

Some amazing portraits, you really have captured the souls of the men in photos 2, 8 and 10. I also love the atmosphere of photos 4 and 5.

Siobhan
  • captnemocaptnemo Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins

Very nice as usual, lots of color. I really like the sun just peaking out of the tree branches and the ladies face illuminated by the fire.

• JimW60JimW60 Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    looks like a very interesting place, very well captured Awais.

@SiobhanLavery said:
    Dear Awais

Some amazing portraits, you really have captured the souls of the men in photos 2, 8 and 10. I also love the atmosphere of photos 4 and 5.

Siobhan

@captnemo said:
    Very nice as usual, lots of color. I really like the sun just peaking out of the tree branches and the ladies face illuminated by the fire.

@JimW60 said:
    looks like a very interesting place, very well captured Awais.

Thanks a lot guys

My Gallery