Airline carry on

studio12cstudio12c Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins

As many of you know the US has banned computers and camera equipment in carry on luggage coming from a number of African countries into the US. . Has anyone experienced any problems flying into the US from countries other then those listed. For example flights from Canada to US destinations. I have an upcoming trip and don't want any surprises at the airport. I don't want to put my expensive camera equipment in the belly of the plane.

Comments

• Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins

It's been hit and miss from European countries recently. I suggest that you contact your departing airport directly both before and the day you travel. Things have a habit of changing quickly when it comes to airport security. Don't assume.

Steve

Website
  • captnemocaptnemo Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins

Its really hard to anticipate these days. Recent activity caused a security alert while I was in Australia. My camera gear which caused no concern earlier all had to be pulled out and inspected, thought I was going to miss my flight but it was delayed so no worries.

• james18james18 Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins

I was completely unaware of this fact, its really a problem then! I hope the security issue will be revised keeping this issue in mind!

PathEdits.com - Product Photo Editing

• jsmileyjsmiley Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins

Return from Calgary three weeks ago no problem going through customs carrying my cameras as carry on..

• Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins

It really seems to be hit and miss with camera's and planes these days. On the TSA website they list this:

"Even if an item is generally permitted, it may be subject to additional screening or not allowed through the checkpoint if it triggers an alarm during the screening process, appears to have been tampered with, or poses other security concerns. The final decision rests with TSA on whether to allow any items on the plane."

It is the last sentence that makes all the difference. They can basically decide yes or no at the security checkpoint.

Steve

Website