Lightroom alternative?

2»

Comments

• edytaedyta Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins

Aha, I see! ziggy53 thank you for your help! o:)

• icemncmthicemncmth Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins

The problem I have is that where I have moved to is out in the country...no internet. I was paying for the Adobe products and I still have a year left on photoshop etc. I know people say you don't need the internet but you do and the program looks for the connection. I to my have to purchase another product that loads locally.

• FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins

@icemncmth said:
    The problem I have is that where I have moved to is out in the country...no internet. I was paying for the Adobe products and I still have a year left on photoshop etc. I know people say you don't need the internet but you do and the program looks for the connection. I to my have to purchase another product that loads locally.

For Subscription I think it needs to contact Abobe once every 30 days. You are clearly on the internet right now to post this, are you unable to get connectivity once every 30 days? It only takes a very brief touch-base.

• kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    For what it's worth (this thread is quite aged already), I want to throw ACDSee Photo Studio Pro or Ultimate into the pool of alternatives.

To be honest, I've never used Lightroom, or any other Adobe software except their PDF reader ;) But ACDSee has some quite powerful photo management functions (cataloging, searching, batch exports, the list goes on), a for me very sufficient RAW development module and (in case of Ultimate Edition) even a Layered Pixel Editor which supports Photoshop Plugins like Google NIK or some of the Topaz ones. Plus, as a final gadget, it has a SmugMug Uploader B)

You can try it for free for 30 days before you buy (not rent) a license.

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

• Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins

I think I just found a replacement for Lightroom. It's Luminar by Macphun. There is a version for Mac and PC. There is going to be a upgrade release on November 16th. If anyone is interested in checking it out, go to http://www.macphun/luminar. I pre-ordered it for $59.00 and I will own it like the older versions of Lightroom.

GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams