Never Ending Games Challenge Discussion Thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Many Grins
    edited July 14, 2017

@JAG said:
    Wow! 6 straight flower images on the alphabet game! Wonder if we can make it through most of the alphabet with flowers? Definitely would make it more challenging!

I am not that fond of flower photos. What about butterflies, BIFs or blue hours instead? :D Or in other words: We all have our own preference(s).

PS. I have now made it 7 straight :o

• pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,743 Major grins

Now 8 B)

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • myvisionmyvision Registered Users Posts: 409 Major grins

I hope maple keys are a kind of flower. I'd hate to break the chain!

My Vision by J Steele
    https://myvision.smugmug.com
    “To me, photography is an art of observation. It’s about finding something interesting in an ordinary place… I’ve found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them.” (Elliott Erwitt)

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,213 moderator

@JAG said:
    W is for Water lily

This is a beauty Joyce - I like the flower, and the bee really adds to the shot.

edited July 15, 2017

The NEAGC had stopped but with this photo and a little cheating I have maintained the flower series. I guess the game will run into problems again because it's too hard to maintain the flower series. If so we need someone with the necessary guts to break. I could be someone :D

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator

@Jørgen_Bjerring it was not a set rule, rather a temporary challenge. I knew it would be extremely difficult to continue, especially with the letters that don't have flowers! I think we all did pretty good! Let the game play on as normal! :smiley:

@denisegoldberg said:

@JAG said:
    W is for Water lily

This is a beauty Joyce - I like the flower, and the bee really adds to the shot.

Thank you Denise!

• sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,940 moderator

@denisegoldberg

I love this shot of yours! The flowers and the way this image conveys their colors are lovely.

(

@sapphire73 said:
    @denisegoldberg

I love this shot of yours! The flowers and the way this image conveys their colors are lovely.

Thanks so much!

@JAG said:
    N is for Nose

Joyce -
    I love this one!

@denisegoldberg said:

@JAG said:
    N is for Nose

Joyce -
    I love this one!

Thank You Denise! That image was taken for one of the old DSS challenges where you had to shoot straight from the camera (no post editing) and have a special effect. It was an interesting and fun challenge trying out different things. This effect was shooting through a crystal vase at the dog.

@grandmaR said:
    Z is for zebra stripes on a pony

Just as on the last Z :D

edited August 8, 2017

Another forum quirk happened with JAG and my "squares"

We must have posted at the same moment with JAG's picture a few seconds before mine.

But when my picture turned up after pushing "Post Comment" I'm 100% sure JAG's picture did not show inbetween, and my post immediately followed Jorgen's post.
    If JAG's picture would have shown then I would have taken my picture down and looked to replace it with a squigly lines sample.

I don't think it's a "next page" problem, because it all happened on the same page. So apparently after you post you also have to refresh your browser to make sure someone else didn't post something right before you.

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
    edited August 18, 2017

@Benedictine said:
    L is for Lantern.
    Trying to work out how to upload a photo and can not find any uploading facility-help?

New users have limited abilities for a short period of time (and a minimum number of posts). Once that time has elapsed you will find a button that allows you to post photos.

The Never Ending Alphabet Game Challenge! is intended to move in sequence through the alphabet. You attempted to post and L following an A. The next letter in sequence (and the photo) should be a B. From the rules in the first post of the thread:

This will be a never ending game challenge! The challenge is for you to post one of your images that the subject matter starts with the next letter of the alphabet!

edited August 20, 2017

Deleted

Sorry folks, I really thought I did leave the next subject, it was suppose to be stripe pattern. Can't explain why it's not there. Might be I got distracted with real life...dunno!

@Jørgen_Bjerring said:
    Y is for yellow

What happened to X?

@denisegoldberg said: ...
    What happened to X?

Just needed a break to find it :) . Sorry :(

@Jørgen_Bjerring said:
    The colour white

Next: light blue

Forgot to look on the next page? :p

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
    edited August 26, 2017

@pegelli said:

Forgot to look on the next page? :p

I guess so :D. I have made a little change to reestablish order o:). Thanks for your help :)

edited August 31, 2017

@Jørgen_Bjerring said:

Next: Colored stribes

Jørgen, what are "stribes"? Or do you mean "stripes"?

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
    edited August 31, 2017

@pegelli said:

@Jørgen_Bjerring said:

Next: Colored stribes

Jørgen, what are "stribes"? Or do you mean "stripes"?

The simple explanation is: stripes = striber in Danish. :o:s

@pegelli said:
    F is for safety First

That's pretty funny, definitely doesn't look safe!

Thanks Denise. It certaily doesn't look safe by our standards, but for Shanghai it's one of the safer work scenes I have witnessed. Have you ever seen people working 50 meter in the air on bamboo scaffolding walking on reed mats without any railings or fall protection? I didn't even dare to look at it too long. :s

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
    edited September 11, 2017

@JAG said:
    F is for Familiar Face (guess on comment thread)

May be she is an american politician and one many europeans love to hate or at least what she stands for. She is not a nice cup of tea. :D

edited September 11, 2017

Regarding the "Perpetual Shapes, Color, Texture & Patterns Game" I believe we're looking for many shades of brown. I think the rules say that the first to meet the challenge sets the new one, not the one which posts the same challenge a little later.

EDIT: just looked it up. The exact rule reads: In the event that 2 posters post the same theme at the same or about the same time, then the second post should either be edited immediately to follow along with the theme given by the first posted. If by chance that the image did not get edited (mainly because the second poster did not refresh the page before posting their image), the next person to come into play must choose between the two given themes to post their image.

Bit of a silly rule, but I guess we're fine then :/

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug

@pegelli said:
    Regarding the "Perpetual Shapes, Color, Texture & Patterns Game" I believe we're looking for many shades of brown. I think the rules say that the first to meet the challenge sets the new one, not the one which posts the same challenge a little later.

EDIT: just looked it up. The exact rule reads: In the event that 2 posters post the same theme at the same or about the same time, then the second post should either be edited immediately to follow along with the theme given by the first posted. If by chance that the image did not get edited (mainly because the second poster did not refresh the page before posting their image), the next person to come into play must choose between the two given themes to post their image.

Bit of a silly rule, but I guess we're fine then :/

Originally I did write it up as to post from the first theme posted, but I thought about it and at times, people will post a very difficult subject to be next, thus I thought that letting people have the choice of either theme will keep the game going faster. Either way, seems that the game is still moving along and you did good by reposting your first theme of shades of brown. I've come in before and found the situation like this, and have used the theme that didn't get used as my next subject. It all works out eventually!

@Jørgen_Bjerring said:

@JAG said:
    F is for Familiar Face (guess on comment thread)

May be she is an american politician and one many europeans love to hate or at least what she stands for. She is not a nice cup of tea. :D

She had a lot of respect from Alaskans when she was mayor, governor, and Senator, but then she got caught up in something that ruined her. It's sad really. This picture was taken when she was still senator of Alaska. Just before she ran for V.P. of America. This should give everyone a hint on her name!

edited September 13, 2017

@Jørgen_Bjerring said:
    Spiral shape

Next: baby blue

I have difficulty spotting the spiral shape in there :/

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug

@pegelli said:

@Jørgen_Bjerring said:
    Spiral shape

Next: baby blue

I have difficulty spotting the spiral shape in there :/

The stair tower is a square shaped spiral. If you draw a normal walking line in the tower you will see a rounded spiral ;)