Moss Landing, Point Lobos, and maybe Yosemite - in November

sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,942 moderator

Looks like my husband and I will be driving from San Jose to Santa Monica in early November and will be able to spread the trip over several days. I was thinking of going to Moss Landing (hoping to photograph otters) and Point Lobos before heading further south. We contemplated going to Yosemite but wondering if it would be better to go there in May or June sometime? Any thoughts from folks who have been to Yosemite in the autumn or since the most recent wildfires?

Thanks!

Comments

• Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins

November can be tricky for Yosemite. Even May can be depending on the amount of snow/rain. It isn't unheard of for some roads to be closed deep into June.

Steve

Website
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,942 moderator
    edited August 28, 2017

Good to know. Thanks. I have never been to Yosemite and would hope to visit again sometime in the spring, but wouldn't mind avoiding the crowds by "stopping by" in the autumn. I guess we could check the weather as we get closer but I know it can change quite rapidly. We have vacationed in the Breckenridge area in August and been surprised by snow.

They have a really good "condition" report that is updated frequently.

Steve

Website
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,942 moderator

Thank you. We will keep our plans flexible and hope it works out.

I saw your earlier post about the Moss Landing area. Hope you were able to get some good shots. We plan to go there if we don't make it to Yosemite on this trip.

@sapphire73 said:
    Thank you. We will keep our plans flexible and hope it works out.

I saw your earlier post about the Moss Landing area. Hope you were able to get some good shots. We plan to go there if we don't make it to Yosemite on this trip.

Only a few, I didn't get the free time that I was hoping for. It is so pretty down there and loads of photo opportunities.

Steve

Website