Options

Recent Outdoor Wedding

williaeswilliaes Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
edited August 18, 2016 in Weddings
Great wedding venue but lots of color cast from the green trees. Never thought that would be an issue. Harsh sun for a lot of the day.

#1 is one of my favorites. Great story telling photo IMO.
Wedding%20%28637%20of%20640%29-XL.jpg

Wedding%20%28503%20of%20640%29-L.jpg

Wedding%20%28495%20of%20640%29-XL.jpg

Wedding%20%28464%20of%20640%29-XL.jpg

Wedding%20%28423%20of%20640%29-XL.jpg

Wedding%20%28345%20of%20640%29-XL.jpg

I've tried several different ways to correct the color and still appears to be a little off in my opinion. I can say that color correction really has never been an issue in the past. It is normally a simple fix for me or just beyond repair. The outdoor photos during this wedding all had the same color issues from all three cameras. Any suggestions are appreciated.
2 Corinthians 9:15

williamspics.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2016
    Good shots. I don't notice the green tint too much, but then I am red-green colorblind. You can try setting WB of the white shirt, or try to play around with the green saturation and tint channels. Curious to see how other would deal with this as well.
  • Options
    Aksana3DAksana3D Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited July 15, 2016
    So very good shots))
  • Options
    jerryrjerryr Registered Users Posts: 595 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2016
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited July 19, 2016
    Great shots! WB seems pretty close, if not a bit cool with a slight blue tint. (I measured it with a desktop color tool.) As Jon said, set your WB tool on the lapel of one of the gentlemen's white shirts and it will snap into place. I tried this and the photos look more alive with this adjustment.
  • Options
    edited July 21, 2016
    Thanks for the compliments and suggestions. I did go back and pull my WB from one of the guys shirts and very little change on a true white. Warmed very little from like 5300K to 5450K. Thanks for the suggestions. In doing so and reading all the replies I think I found something that makes me feel a little dumb. The bride's dress is a little off white compared to the groom's shirt. Her dress appears to reflect the green around her more than anything else around. I went back and looked at several photos where she wasn't outdoors and it doesn't look the same green tint. It is still off white though and i hadn't really noticed.

Thanks again

williamspics.smugmug.com
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,797 moderator
    edited August 3, 2016
    Some white fabrics have a lot of blue "whitener" added so choosing a numerical white balance based on time-of-day and cloud conditions is often best. Then just add a tint correction and you should be good for the correction of a couple of hours of shooting. (Repeat the process if/when the lighting changes.)

Green "color poisoning" is a very real problem if surrounded by lush green vegetation. I generally do a white balance, black balance and a skin tone correction for critical shots. The skin tone correction may also turn the vegetation of the image to an unsightly hue, so you may need to do the skin tone correction on a lower layer and then "reveal" the corrected skin tone through a layer more correct for the rest of the scene.

I use "PictoColor iCorrect Portrait" to help with semi-automation of color correction. The white and black color correction are just single mouse clicks, skin color correction 2-clicks, and it even includes a "memory color" correction which can be necessary.

Yes, you need layers to get rid of all of the problems and semi-automation plus masking seems the fastest process.

Links to products and some techniques mentioned (No, I don't get anything from these manufacturers, nor from the links. These are products I bought myself at full price [except that I'm still at PS CS4 and an older version of iCorrect® Portrait™] and techniques that I really do use.):

http://www.pictocolor.com/portrait.htm
    http://www.pictocolor.com/UserGuides/iCorrectPortrait10/ColorCorrectionC.html

http://www.creativetechs.com/tipsblog/quick-skin-tone-retouching-in-photoshop/

http://layersmagazine.com/take-control-of-tonal-blending.html

http://photodoto.com/how-to-master-blending-modes-in-photoshop/

https://iso.500px.com/luminosity-masks-in-digital-blending/
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2016
    Thank you Ziggy 53 for all the info and links.

williamspics.smugmug.com
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,274 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2016
    I think these are lovely. I don't notice a cast on this computer. Especially liking 1,3 and 4
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    pablo102pablo102 Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
  • Options
    stella82stella82 Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    Love the bubbles in #1!
  • Options

Thanks again for all the compliments. I haven't been here in a while. Is the site dying off, there doesn't appear to be much activity lately??

williamspics.smugmug.com
  • Options
    spider_mycronspider_mycron Registered Users Posts: 8 Big grins
    very wonderful shoots , may i ask what kind of lens ?
  • Options
    TasmanianTasmanian Registered Users Posts: 486 Major grins

Beautiful shots, 1 and 6

• Options
    sdeweddingssdeweddings Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins

the photos are honestly great. i wouldnt worry about it

• Options

I didn't go back and look but most likely it was my workhorse lens. Nikon 28-70 f2.8. Thanks for asking and the compliment.

@spider_mycron said:
    very wonderful shoots , may i ask what kind of lens ?

williamspics.smugmug.com
  • Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
  • Options
    Hill5Hill5 New member Posts: 6 Big grins
    Wow, really beautiful outdoor wedding!
  • Options
    compasiune11compasiune11 Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins

Superb and they look so joyfull. Really nice!

Fotograf Nunta | Fotograf Brasov
    Canon 5DIV | Canon EF 35 f1.4 L II | Canon 24-70 f2.8 L II | Canon 70-200 f2.8 L II IS | Canon 16-35 f4 L IS