Options

Frau Amsel (Mrs. Blackbird)

kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

This female blackbird frequently visits my garden together with her partner. We supplement their fresh garden food with some raisins which we put in a little bowl on the terrace. At least this female lost a lot of her shyness, and they even brought their offspring earlier this year to show them the raisin buffet. We call her "Frau Amsel" (Mrs. Blackbird). She's very curious about the camera as it seems :)

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

Comments

• Options
    Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins

Very nice. I would have never thought about raisins as a bird treat, neat idea.

Steve

Website
  • Options
    kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

Thanks. Yes, birds (especially blackbirds) really love raisins. They get kinda addicted to them, maybe due to the high sugar - I'm unsure. You just have to make sure the raisins are not sulphurized and not have any additional artificial processing

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com