Options

Never Ending Games Challenge Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,777 Major grins

@Jørgen_Bjerring said:
    @pegelli: My memory (a fine one) tells that you have given me this bill-answer once before :), but this time my answer will not be a photo of a Danish coin (the Danish name of our currency is krone = crown in English). You will have a real crown:

Jørgen, your memory is better then mine and you're correct. Found the same entry many pages back. Hopefully I won't forget again ;)

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Many Grins
    edited November 4, 2017

@pegelli said:

@Jørgen_Bjerring said:
    @pegelli: My memory (a fine one) tells that you have given me this bill-answer once before :), but this time my answer will not be a photo of a Danish coin (the Danish name of our currency is krone = crown in English). You will have a real crown:

Jørgen, your memory is better then mine and you're correct. Found the same entry many pages back. Hopefully I won't forget again ;)

Don't worry. Next time I will ask for "beak shape" :o

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,236 moderator

@Jørgen_Bjerring said:
    L is for Light - on October 23

@Jørgen_Bjerring said: - on November 4
    I is for Illumination

Hmm...
    It appears we all need to try not to duplicate photos in a short period of time.

• Options
    edited November 4, 2017

@denisegoldberg said: ...

I don't get your point. My photo is correctly used under two different words and not two identical words. To pinpoint my view: I could have used another picture, if I wanted to, but some of the fun is that you can use the same photo in different situations.

If you look into mine and other peoples entries you will find out, that the same photo is used at the same time in two different threads e.g. Water ... and Reflections ... :o

• Options

@Jørgen_Bjerring said:
    @denisegoldberg said: ...

I don't get your point. My photo is correctly used under two different words and not two identical words. To pinpoint my view: I could have used another picture, if I wanted to, but some of the fun is that you can use the same photo in different situations.

I find it more fun to see different photos as opposed to the same photos in multiple places. I guess that's a personal preference though.

• Options

I find it more fun to see different photos as opposed to the same photos in multiple places. I guess that's a personal preference though.

You are quite right :D

• Options

Doing S, T, U back-to-back, no big problem but the page refresh bug gets everybody :p

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • Options
    edited November 6, 2017

@pegelli said:
    Doing S, T, U back-to-back, no big problem but the page refresh bug gets everybody :p

You are quite right. Your photo of "Graffiti patterns" in "Perpetual ..." is a little late :) . What a peculiar coincidence :D

• Options

@Jørgen_Bjerring said:

@pegelli said:

You are quite right. Your photo of "Graffiti patterns" in "Perpetual ..." is a little late :) . What a peculiar coincidence :D

Damn, I hate these Vanilla forums. I know 100% sure I pressed refresh before posting and I checked I was on the last page (107).

I think it's a really annoying bug :s

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • Options

@BMW Kurt said:
    W is for Whisky!

To a single malt lover this is really a boring shot. All bottles are unopened :)

• Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,033 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2017

@GSPeP said:
    A = Atomic bomb

Pieter - we must have visited the same place - Castle Air Force Base Museum in Atwater, Ca? This is my rendition of that bomb - an early HDR attempt that really doesn't work very well. But I couldn't resist the urge to say Hi in passing Belgium to California!

• Options
    BMW KurtBMW Kurt Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins

@Jørgen_Bjerring said:

@BMW Kurt said:
    W is for Whisky!

To a single malt lover this is really a boring shot. All bottles are unopened :)

Believe me, that situation has been remedied!!! :)

• Options
    GSPePGSPeP Registered Users Posts: 3,744 Major grins

@Cavalier said:

Pieter - we must have visited the same place - Castle Air Force Base Museum in Atwater, Ca? This is my rendition of that bomb - an early HDR attempt that really doesn't work very well. But I couldn't resist the urge to say Hi in passing Belgium to California!

Yes, we were there in 2011. We did a trip from San Diego (for the Miramar Airshow) to San Francisco (for Fleet Week)
    We left in Monterey that morning, via Castle AFB, to Mariposa. The next day we spent in Yosemite National Park.

• Options

@BMW Kurt said:

Believe me, that situation has been remedied!!! :)

Great. I am familiar with the three to the left and have tasted an Arran whisky, but not the one you have to right. Sad :D

• Options
    edited November 23, 2017

@Richard said:

The man in the photo reminds me of Dario Fo (or lesser Jacques Tati as Mr. Hulot)???

• Options
    bfluegiebfluegie Registered Users Posts: 737 Major grins

@denisegoldberg said:
    E is for Evergreens growing high on Cadillac Mountain, Acadia National Park

Stunning! I have to go there soon. Well, maybe after it warms back up... I am such a wimp.

~~Barbara
  • Options

@bfluegie said:
    Stunning! I have to go there soon. Well, maybe after it warms back up... I am such a wimp.

Thanks Barbara! I try to go there at least twice a year - usually in May and October to avoid the crowds in the summer.

• Options

@Richard: I am still hoping for an answer to this. I am so curious :D

@Jørgen_Bjerring said:

@Richard said:

The man in the photo reminds me of Dario Fo (or lesser Jacques Tati as Mr. Hulot)???

• Options

@Jørgen_Bjerring said:
    Steel cable texture

Next: flag shape

Is that a steel cable or a steel chain? :|

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • Options

@pegelli said:

@Jørgen_Bjerring said:
    Steel cable texture

It's rather obvious that there are two steel cables and one steel chain :)

• Options

@Jørgen_Bjerring said:

@pegelli said:

@Jørgen_Bjerring said:
    Steel cable texture

OK, since I didn't see any texture and looked at the way they were attached they looked like steel rods to me, but if they are cables that's fine :)

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,829 Major grins

@Cavalier said:
    Y is for Yellow thingamabobs on a cactus (not sure what they are) :blush:

Love that technical description, Jo - I couldn't have done better myself! B)

• Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,033 Major grins

That's why they call me the 'wordsmith'. (But me thinks they call me that in jest!)

• Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,829 Major grins

Well, that's what I would have called them too. I'm always amazed at people like @denisegoldberg who knows the botanical name for every existing plant.

• Options

@sarasphotos said:
    Well, that's what I would have called them too. I'm always amazed at people like @denisegoldberg who knows the botanical name for every existing plant.

I wish I knew them all! Some of the gardens I visit have signs with the names of the plants. I will often take a photo of the sign along with the plant so I can remember the name. I also volunteer in a garden close to home. There are no plant signs there but the superintendent of the property is a horticulturist and is very happy to answer my questions.

• Options
    edited December 4, 2017

@pegelli said:

@Jørgen_Bjerring said:

@pegelli said:

@Jørgen_Bjerring said:
    Steel cable texture

OK, since I didn't see any texture and looked at the way they were attached they looked like steel rods to me, but if they are cables that's fine :)

I passed the crane on a harbour walk today and it's rather obvious that there is no steel cables on the crane :s

• Options

@JAG said:
    P is for Puppy (My Teddy is 1 year old today!)

Many happy returns :)

• Options
    bfluegiebfluegie Registered Users Posts: 737 Major grins

@JAG said:
    P is for Puppy (My Teddy is 1 year old today!)

And what a cutie Teddy is.

~~Barbara
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator

@Jørgen_Bjerring said:
    >

@bfluegie said:

Thanks Jorgen and Barbara. He has been in training since he was 8 weeks old, to be a service dog. He is one smart dog that's for sure. Has saved my life once already. I feel blessed to have him, he is helping me in ways that could not be trained too. Amazing dog!

He filled out to be a handsome boy!

• Options
    edited December 6, 2017

@JAG said:

@Jørgen_Bjerring said:
    >

@bfluegie said:

Thanks Jorgen and Barbara. He has been in training since he was 8 weeks old, to be a service dog. He is one smart dog that's for sure. Has saved my life once already. I feel blessed to have him, he is helping me in ways that could not be trained too. Amazing dog!

He filled out to be a handsome boy!

He seems to confirm who is man's best friend :)