Options

first try at landscape photography

fotoperamorefotoperamore Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
I'm not completely convinced ... What do you think? Thanks.

Giovanni Casetti - Trento - North of Italy
SmugMug | www.giovannicasetti.it | Facebook

Comments

• Options
    kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

As a beginner regarding photographing myself, I might not be qualified to utter criticism. I do like the composition very much, the trees to the side leading to the mountains in the background with a gorgeous reflection on the lake. For me personally, it feels a little overprocessed in terms of contrast and saturation, tho. And I'm still riddling about the object on the lake, what is it? A rock?

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

• Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

I think it is a lovely shot. Nicely done.

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,179 moderator

If that's a first try, you've done an incredible job. Good job with the depth of focus. I'd like to see a little more of the background tree tops though.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    > @kurzvorzwoelf said:
    > For me personally, it feels a little overprocessed in terms of contrast and saturation, tho. And I'm still riddling about the object on the lake, what is it? A rock?

Thanks for your thoughts. Yes, it's a little overprocessed. I come from abstract macro shots, and I've used the same develop method, but here it's another story. Yes, it's a rock, and I prefer not to clone it away.

Here another version, not so processed. Let me know what do you think....Thanks!

• Options
    edited November 15, 2017
    > @David_S85 said:
    > If that's a first try, you've done an incredible job. Good job with the depth of focus. I'd like to see a little more of the background tree tops though.

Thanks David. I've shooted no more than ten landscapes in my life, and this is the first with which i try to be more serious, in order to sell it. So i needed a feedback.
    This shot is made of five portrait shots, combined with Adobe Camera Raw (I used 14-24mm). To see more of the background tree tops, next time I'll try to use ten single shots, in two rows.
    I don't know if Camera Raw is able to manage such a thing, but surely I'll try. :)

• Options
    > @Juano said:
    > I think it is a lovely shot. Nicely done.

Thanks Juano.

• Options
    kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

Nice, the second version looks far more natural to me. Comparing the two, I can just say that both versions are great! After all, I think the contrast and saturation perception is quite a personal thing.
    :)

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

• Options

@kurzvorzwoelf said:
    Nice, the second version looks far more natural to me. Comparing the two, I can just say that both versions are great! After all, I think the contrast and saturation perception is quite a personal thing.
    :)

Yes, you are right. If you are a professional photographer, you are more aware about that, generally speaking. So much people just say "wonderful" without noting it.....