Let’s all mark Donald Drumpf by @welinoo

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Many Grins
edited November 17, 2017 in Street and Documentary

This grafitti is painted on a fence at our local fire station in Copenhagen. Frankly I cann't get, what the artist is trying to tell. Any good ideas out there in cyberspace?

Comments

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

That's caricature of Donald Trump (even the aliens are laughing???)

Rags
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Many Grins
    edited November 17, 2017

@torags said:
    That's caricature of Donald Trump (even the aliens are laughing???)

Is that the clue? Even aliens laugh about the artistic idea that Donald brings sunshine to the World. Is it a comment to Donald's attitude to climate change?

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited November 18, 2017

Those are the Teletubbies, an old kid's show. Usually it's a laughing baby's face in the sun.

Putting on my moderator's hat, I'd like to remind folks not to discuss politics here. Discuss the photo, or even the meaning of the art, but please do it objectively and without political statement. If someone can guess your political persuasion, then chances are your post isn't appropriate. Thank you and carry on.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Many Grins
    edited November 18, 2017

Thanks for the information. I am very close to my 4 grandchildren (3 of 8 years and 1 of 4 years) and can therefore conclude that Teletubbies are not a part of their world. I cann't state that I haven't heard "Teletubbies" before, but apparently the grafitti wasn't enough to wake my memory. As usual Wikipedia - besides you - is a help: "The Sun Baby appears at the beginning and end of each episode. She acts as a wake-up call for the Teletubbies."

My purpose is only to understand the concrete peace of art.

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited November 18, 2017

@Jørgen_Bjerring said:
    She acts as a wake-up call for the Teletubbies."

I never watched the program so it went right past me. Hmmm...in American English, "wake-up call" has two distinct meanings: literally, it's a phone call you can get to wake you up in the morning; metaphorically, it's a warning of impending danger. I have no idea whether this would translate into Danish or not. In any event, that would probably be reading too much into it. More likely, someone is just having some visual fun, though it could be a comment on what we wake up to on the net every morning. That might be less true in Denmark than in the US media. Dunno.