Options

Eye shots

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
edited November 20, 2017 in Other Cool Shots

Comments

• Options
    kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins

Gorgeous shots. Can't tell a favourite, all three are great and well captured.

Are these birds common to observe in Brazil?

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator

I love the second shot - the eyes have an interesting depth when viewed from this angle.

• Options

@kurzvorzwoelf said:
    Gorgeous shots. Can't tell a favourite, all three are great and well captured.

Are these birds common to observe in Brazil?

Thanks, actually burrowing owls are pretty common in this part of Brazil. These pics and the ones I posted on the wildlife forum are the same pair that burrow on one of the trails we mountain bike on. You can get pretty close to them before they decide to fly away.

@denisegoldberg said:
    I love the second shot - the eyes have an interesting depth when viewed from this angle.

Thanks Denise, I also like that shot, the detail of the cornea and iris is pretty cool I think.

• Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins

I have to say that the last one is way cool. An interesting and unique perspective. I like that alot. I think I might do something with upper left so his feathers are not so blown....but still this is really cool.

• Options

@Eia said:
    I have to say that the last one is way cool. An interesting and unique perspective. I like that alot. I think I might do something with upper left so his feathers are not so blown....but still this is really cool.

Thanks for the suggestion! I tried it and it looks much better.

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Wonderful catch! On last one, you might want to explore square crop for top half....cheers!

• Options

Here is a re-work of 3 with AnnaMaria's and Taz suggestions.

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

Good shooting, Cristóbal.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options

Thanks Tom