Options

Which side are you on?

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,925 moderator
edited October 4, 2017 in Street and Documentary

Note: the Spanish flag is the one with three stripes; the one with nine is the Catalan flag.

Comments

• Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,034 Major grins

Looks like the Spanish government won this contest as well as the 'vote'. And, great shot as well!

• Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,831 Major grins

Nice shot, Richard. I was indeed wondering how much of the political division you are seeing/experiencing in Madrid.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Many Grins

@Cavalier said:
    Looks like the Spanish government won this contest as well as the 'vote'. And, great shot as well!

To me it looks like, that there actually is no winner. Everyone seem to have lost their common sense, but great shot, Richard.

• Options
    IMAGEMAXIMAGEMAX Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    What side am I on hmmm I guess yours for seeing this and capturing the image, very cool!
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Good see Richard

I don't think that it is over... if Kosovo is an indicator of resolve

Rags
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,186 moderator
    edited October 5, 2017

Great idea for an image, Richard. Looks like there were several "undecided" people in that group, or the store ran out of flags.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options

Thanks for commenting everyone. In fairness, that building isn't really typical of what you see in Madrid today--usually there are no flags at all--but concern is growing. This isn't really the right place to discuss the arcane details of Spanish politics, but I will say that my personal fear is that things just spin out of everyone's control. We seem to have started down that path.

• Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

Strange times indeed. Good time to be in the flag business though... Good shot!

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator

Like Sara, I was wondering if you were going to display some images related to the current demonstrations occurring regarding Catalan Independence.

Interesting capture of differing opinions among neighbors. Must make for interesting discussions among neighbors too.

Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options

Thanks for commenting, Jim and Cristóbal. The Catalan parliament is meeting today (Tuesday) but nobody knows whether they're going to back off or make things much worse. We'll see.

• Options
    PotshotsPotshots Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins

You missed one...the red & yellow stripe flag with a blue star. Two weeks before the vote I was right in the middle of a huge demonstration in Barcelona. Very exciting!

• Options

@Potshots said:
    You missed one...the red & yellow stripe flag with a blue star. Two weeks before the vote I was right in the middle of a huge demonstration in Barcelona. Very exciting!

Yeah, that one (the estelada) is easier to find in Barcelona than in Madrid. There's also another variant with the same form but a red star on a yellow field, which has a more leftist connotation. The official flag (the senyera) only has stripes. If you think that's complicated, try to figure out the differences among all the Catalan political parties :lol: .

• Options
    PotshotsPotshots Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins

@Richard said:

@Potshots said:

Yeah, that one (the estelada) is easier to find in Barcelona than in Madrid. There's also another variant with the same form but a red star on a yellow field, which has a more leftist connotation. The official flag (the senyera) only has stripes. If you think that's complicated, try to figure out the differences among all the Catalan political parties :lol: .

I was on the side of whichever person I was standing next to in the crowd...seemed the best decision.