Support for SEO/Page Rank - Resources, consultant?

Jay_ZJay_Z Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins

I was doing some searching on this in the various dgrin forums - after working on this myself and not seeing results for months, I wanted to see if there are recommendations on services, consultants or ‘experts’ in working with SmugMug sites that can assist me?

Maybe any SEO expert would be beneficial but I thought having experience with the SmugMug platform might be especially helpful.

If anyone has recommendations, advice or direction on services or individuals that can assist, I’d appreciate it!

Thanks!

(Bonus if they have some good web design advice or can also assist with AdWords ... but priority is SEO/Page Rank).

Comments

• Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,448 Major grins
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins

We recommend the free SEO guide from Moz.com. That comes with a lot of useful information and details on SEO for your site.
    Specific information on the tools you have within SmugMug for adding search related information can be found here.

Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero

@rainforest1155 said:
    Specific information on the tools you have within SmugMug for adding search related information can be found here.

There is a lot of dated information there, including metadata descriptions/keywords. The meta descriptions may be good if you have no text. Adding metadata keywords are useless as none of the search engines have used them in years.

I wish SmugMug would change the word keyword (not metadata keywords) to 'tag'. Those keywords (not to be confused with metadata keywords) are useful within a person's SmugMug site and NOT outside of that.

• Jay_ZJay_Z Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins

@Hikin' Mike said:
    What is your website and what are you trying to "rank" for?

Thanks for the info @Hikin' Mike ... my website is www.jeffzenner.com - primarily interested in agriculture related rankings (agriculture photography/photographer, farming photos/photographer, etc).

@Jay_Z said:
    ... my website is www.jeffzenner.com - primarily interested in agriculture related rankings (agriculture photography/photographer, farming photos/photographer, etc).

Going to be tough to be on the first page with 'agriculture photography/er' without having text on your home page. You are on the first page for 'idaho agriculture photography' though since it's more "local". Was surprised to see some of your SmugMug Keyword pages on the first page too, so that's encouraging. If you haven't taken a look at my SEO for the Photographer below, you might want to. If you're not willing to add text on your home page, you might try ranking better on your services page after doing some work on that page.

• Jay_ZJay_Z Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins

@Hikin' Mike said:

@Jay_Z said:
    ... my website is www.jeffzenner.com - primarily interested in agriculture related rankings (agriculture photography/photographer, farming photos/photographer, etc).

Going to be tough to be on the first page with 'agriculture photography/er' without having text on your home page. You are on the first page for 'idaho agriculture photography' though since it's more "local". Was surprised to see some of your SmugMug Keyword pages on the first page too, so that's encouraging. If you haven't taken a look at my SEO for the Photographer below, you might want to. If you're not willing to add text on your home page, you might try ranking better on your services page after doing some work on that page.

Thanks, I’ll check out this link you mention (SEO for the Photographer). I will look for a way to incorporate this I to the front page design. Might have to search for some design ideas for this! I like simple and clean so I’ll look for a way to add this and see if it improves things. Appreciate the tips, links and advice!