The Rock

CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins
edited December 10, 2017 in Landscapes

One of my favorite places in California - Morro Bay and the massive Morro Rock.
Morro Bay, where surfers, seagulls, terns, seals, and the fleet of fishing boats all co-exist peacefully - well, except for the seagulls.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Wonderful Jo! I have scored there once, but couldn't work the Rock into the shot. I would like to! Is it possible to know how to get to #2? Thanks!

• CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins

Thanks Taz. Shot #2 was shot from the Los Osos area (south of Morro Bay) - either near the Morro Marine Reserve, the Elfin forest, or on the way to Sandspit Beach. That one was taken a few years ago. #1 was taken last week. Anyway, if you drive down South Bay Blvd, you eventually can get to the Los Osos reserve areas. The shot below was taken a few years ago as well - from Los Osos area. This is an area that you would do wonders with!!

• anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins

I stopped by that location last time I visited Montana de Oro. I was hoping to shoot some photos of Morro Rock in morning sunlight but everything was socked in with fog so I didn't explore much. However, I think there is some potential. The dunes are there, aside from The Rock.

Hope you don't mind me sharing this shot. Nothing special. I took it simply to document visiting the location.

"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2017

Thanks for clearing up the name of Montana de Oro - that is what I was thinking of. You're right - fog can be a real problem at certain times of the year/day. Later in the day can be better than morning light what with the fog, etc. And sunset light is even better - as long as the fog stays out! :smile:

And no, I don't mind you adding a shot - in fact I welcome it!

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Thanks Jo! I need to explore that area more and you have certainly given me motivation to do so!!