Westside Sunset

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins

A good friend of ours moved back to Oahu several years ago. We go to visit him often and have made a lot of new friends on the island which has allowed us to really explore Oahu and get to know it outside of the typical tourist areas. One of my favorite areas is the west end of the island. It's absolutely beautiful but gets a bad rep because its the lower income side of the island. The funny thing is is that this part of the coast is very beautiful and sure, some of the towns are rough around the edges but I've met some wonderful locals there.

This shot is from a beach the locals call Pray for Sets. It's on the very far west end. Another mile up or so and the only road ends. I shot this one afternoon while my friends cooked up some BBQ on the beach and "talk story". I lucked out that we were there during a pretty low tide. I want to go back and explore this area. There are more photo to made here.

By the way, that a fisherman out to the left of the sun. I know it's hard to tell and I've tossed around removing him but I've kept him in there. He's part of the memory.

"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2017

Love this Alex! Everything is in harmony for me! Sweet story too!

Fact you went back and forth on it tells me you were troubled by same thing......

I say make a virtual copy....keep the memory.....

......but if mine, I would lose not just the fisherman, that entire little sliver of black rock he is standing on.......he is hugely competing with leading line to the sun......and is too small to contribute positively to this shot in any meaningful way....

Also the the tiny lava rock on left edge at horizon....also not invited to the party.....if I sent out the invitations...

In the end it is what makes YOU happy.....

These ideas are just what comes to mind!

Thanks for sharing! I love Hawaii....only been to Maui.....and wish I could live there.

Cheers!