Email popup program

agspecialtiesagspecialties Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins

How can I add a program that pops up with a visitor comes to my site. Want that new visitor to sign up with email address to get a coupon code. Trying to build my email list.

Thanks

Comments

• Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,448 Major grins

I don't believe you can't. They use Javascript and JS is not supported in SmugMug.

FWIW, I block ALL pop-ups because I think they're annoying..

• agspecialtiesagspecialties Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins

That is what I thought. Just trying to brain storm some ideas to capture a few more email address for our mail out list.

• Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins

Instead of pop ups which are annoying and most people block, build an incentive plan and promote that on your website.

Something like: Sign up for our newsletter and receive 10% off your first purchase. Or get 5 friends to sign up for our newsletter receive 50% your first order.

Of course you adjust your prices accordingly. Give people a reason to sign up and they will.

Steve

Website
  • VivPixVivPix Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins

Please feel free to leave this as a feature request in our feedback forum:
http://smugmug.uservoice.com/forums/17723-smugmug
    Many new features have come from this forum!

Thanks,

Vivian
    SmugMug Hero
  • KentinadaKentinada Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins

@Cygnus Studios said:
    Instead of pop ups which are annoying and most people block, build an incentive plan and promote that on your website.

Something like: Sign up for our newsletter and receive 10% off your first purchase. Or get 5 friends to sign up for our newsletter receive 50% your first order.

Of course you adjust your prices accordingly. Give people a reason to sign up and they will.

I took your advice and added some text with a link to my Subscribe page that said what they'd get if they sign up. We'll see how it goes.

web: www.adahighlanderphotography.com
    FB: www.facebook.com/adahighlanderphotography.com
    blog: blog.adahighlanderphotography.com

• Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins

That looks great and shows potential customers that you want them to sign up. Use that banner on your facebook and other social media as well.

I would send a "special" to those already signed up that if they refer a friend, they get a little something. Keep in mind that incentives do not have to be major things, you just want your customers to know that you appreciate them. A thank you goes a very long way.

Steve

Website
  • JBHotShotsJBHotShots Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins

@Kentinada said:

@Cygnus Studios said:

I took your advice and added some text with a link to my Subscribe page that said what they'd get if they sign up. We'll see how it goes.

What "form" or app do you use to get them so subscribe?

Jamie
    JBHotShots.com
    Facebook
    7DII w/Grip, 50D w/Grip, 24-70/2.8L, 70-200/2.8L, 85/1.8, 50/1.8, Rokinon 8mm FE 3.2, 580EXII 430EX
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited December 12, 2017

@JBHotShots said:
    What "form" or app do you use to get them so subscribe?

If you're looking to add a form to your SmugMug site (other than the smug standard pop-up form), I believe the only service that is supported is Wufoo.

You can find it in the services section of your content elements.

If you want to see the form @Kentinada uses you can find it at the "subscribe" link on his site, http://www.adahighlanderphotography.com/.

• KentinadaKentinada Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins

I do use the Wufoo for my forms. But I'm at my limit of 3 for a free Wufoo account. So if I want more, I either have to upgrade my Wufoo account or change my website strategy and go to Wordpress for the main site including blog and use SmugMug for the galleries/e-commerce functions as @Hikin' Mike has done. Still weighing pros and cons on that one.

web: www.adahighlanderphotography.com
    FB: www.facebook.com/adahighlanderphotography.com
    blog: blog.adahighlanderphotography.com