Southern Arizona

CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Criticism is always welcome.

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

It's hard for me to pick a favorite of this set. The third photo is gorgeous but the silhouettes against the sunset in the first shot really appeals to me.

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Thanks, Denise. There's no need to pick a favorite.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Love #1 and #3 is Great!

1 is funny like the guy on the left is trying to get in shape and catch up to the ones on the right!

• anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins

Love the last shot.

"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Thanks for the comments. Light is everything, and the first and third were taken when the light was briefly cooperative.

Number 3 has a little tiny King or something right smack in the middle! Great catch! Good light is fleeting light.......like always. Only few times I have caught burns that lasted 10+ minutes......rare those.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

I really like the pinkish tone in the sky in 3. Nice.

edited December 15, 2017

@Stumblebum said:
    Good light is fleeting light.......like always. Only few times I have caught burns that lasted 10+ minutes......rare those.

Yeah. The third one and this next one were taken one after another, looking in opposite directions, over a half hour after sunset. Both were five-second exposures. It was pretty dark. But the eye could see what's here and, given a little time, so could the camera. I always have a tendency to stop photographing too soon in the evening. Need to remember not to do that.

• roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

Another nice set Don! The silhouettes in #1 and the color in #3 are outstanding. Someday I'll have to spend some time in that part of the state.

Phil

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!

Last shot posted is sweet as well!

Phil, Taz, thank you.

Most Arizonans haven't seen the area where these were taken, Phil. It's not on the way to anything or near anything. Those are my kind of places.

• roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

@Cornflake said:
    Phil, Taz, thank you.

Phil. It's not on the way to anything or near anything. Those are my kind of places.

My kind of place also. Givin a chance, my van just seems to wander aimlessly up, or down some two lane road or dirt tract.

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!