Options

Life on the river

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

Apologies for the large posting. CCs welcome!

Comments

• Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Great shots

I recently came back from the Mekong River in Cambodia & Vietnam

The river people certainly live a different life, and you have captured it well

Rags
  • Options
    kurzvorzwoelfkurzvorzwoelf Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2017

Nice documentary shots. Brazil seems amazing, so much diversion and contrasts. Big and vibrating cities as well as nature lifestyles out in the jungle. Unfortunately, I've not made it yet to your beautiful country, but the day will come, I'm quite sure!

Number 4 is outstanding with vibrant colors and the well captured subject of the boy. I also do like the last one very much, the structure and build-style of the house is amazing and the girl in the window adds a nice little detail. I think it would also work very well in B&W. On another note, also congratulations on the quite sharp shot for #7 after looking at EXIF data - if I'd shoot at 1/60 at 210mm, I guess even with Oly 5-axis stabilisation every picture would be blurry as hell. I assume you also have been moving on a boat while taking this shot?

Number 3 somehow doesn't work for me. Cannot exactly tell why, tho.

Wise words from the Dog of Wisdom: If your ball is too big for your mouth, it's not yours.

I'm here to learn and progress. Honest feedback and criticism on my images is warmly appreciated!

My SmugMug site - kurzvorzwoelf.com

• Options

@torags said:
    Great shots

I recently came back from the Mekong River in Cambodia & Vietnam

The river people certainly live a different life, and you have captured it well

Thanks Rags. I have visited river communities in Panama and now in Brazil and am fascinated by how their lives are so closely associated with the tide. I find that connection with natural cycles very appealing.

@kurzvorzwoelf said:
    Nice documentary shots. Brazil seems amazing, so much diversion and contrasts. Big and vibrating cities as well as nature lifestyles out in the jungle. Unfortunately, I've not made it yet to your beautiful country, but the day will come, I'm quite sure!

Number 4 is outstanding with vibrant colors and the well captured subject of the boy. I also do like the last one very much, the structure and build-style of the house is amazing and the girl in the window adds a nice little detail. I think it would also work very well in B&W. On another note, also congratulations on the quite sharp shot for #7 after looking at EXIF data - if I'd shoot at 1/60 at 210mm, I guess even with Oly 5-axis stabilisation every picture would be blurry as hell. I assume you also have been moving on a boat while taking this shot?

Thanks. Actually the house shot is the only one shot while standing on firm ground, the rest were from a boat.

Number 3 somehow doesn't work for me. Cannot exactly tell why, tho.

I agree, our captain was steering the boat like that, unfortunately, I had a long lens on. I would have liked to include the rest of the scene.

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,913 moderator

Good work, Cristóbal. I especially like the last two, though they're all interesting.

• Options

@Richard said:
    Good work, Cristóbal. I especially like the last two, though they're all interesting.

Thanks Richard. My personal favorite is the crooked house one, followed by the kid on the tree.