Options

LR Uploader "Syncing Hierarchy and Media"

Kevin PaulKevin Paul Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins

I would like to use the uploader, just to upload photographs to my client galleries.

Do I need to sync everything? I have hundreds of galleries on my site, and maybe a 100k pictures or so. Do I have to wait for them all to sync?

My goal is just to be able to export the DNG's to a client gallery for proofing. (I know it turns the DNG's to Jpeg;s)

Any help is appreciated. I watched the help video but didn't see this in there.

Comments

• Options
    TeachTeach Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins

Kevin,

To add to existing folders or to upload to existing galleries you will need to check Sync Folders and Galleries. You can uncheck Sync Photos then, click the Sync Now button. This will let you upload to existing galleries and/or add new galleries and folders to existing folders. Syncing folders and galleries is typically pretty quick. Syncing photos can take much longer and, with the use you describe in your post may not be necessary, for you.

Heather
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins

@Kevin Paul said:
    Do I need to sync everything? I have hundreds of galleries on my site, and maybe a 100k pictures or so. Do I have to wait for them all to sync?

Nope, you only need to sync the ones you'd like.

What I typically do is perform a "Sync Folders and Galleries" in the beginning. Do NOT sync Photos, as that will go through the entire SmugMug site and can take some time. This will quickly get a list of all your folders/galleries that are in SM and let Lightroom know which ones exist on SmugMug.

Then you can right click on any Folders/Galleries that you do want to sync, and choose "Edit Folder" or "Edit Gallery" and then check the "Sync Photos" button and save. This will then sync just those folders or galleries.

dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations