Inside Metro train

On the way to the Vatican

Holy water bowl inside Basilica di San Pietro

Campidoglio (City Hall)

Street by the Vatican

Colonna Traiana

Vatican City Border Check point

Top of Fontana di Trevi

Vittoriano at Piazza Venezia (back side)

Vittoriano at Piazza Venezia (back side)

Chiesa Dei Santi Vincenzo e Amtanasio (Fontana di Trevi)

Quartiere Coppede'

Gabbiano

Vittoriano

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

Very nice pics in the and the other thread. I only wish you would provide captions to describe what we're seeing. I recognize a few things, but I don't know Rome very well.

• GattoGatto Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins

Hi Richard thank you for your suggestion and comment, I did not put any caption because it is just a stroll throug the strrets, not a guided tour, I grew up there and most of the shots are just details of parts of something bigger, I will try and put the place where they were taken, I hope that can help.

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins

Hello, i am trying to see your posts for some days but photos are taking forever to download, will try again

Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

@Awais Yaqub said:
    ...but photos are taking forever to download, will try again

It's not you - it appears that full-size images were uploaded and they take a long time to load even on a fast connection.

edited December 20, 2017

@Awais Yaqub said:
    Hello, i am trying to see your posts for some days but photos are taking forever to download, will try again

@denisegoldberg said:

@Awais Yaqub said:
    ...but photos are taking forever to download, will try again

It's not you - it appears that full-size images were uploaded and they take a long time to load even on a fast connection.

Sorry about that I resized all the Pix in both Postings, I hope they will load faster for you now. Enjoy

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins

Thanks. I really enjoyed these photos, especially uniform of guards at check post

Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited December 20, 2017

@Awais Yaqub said:
    Thanks. I really enjoyed these photos, especially uniform of guards at check post

Historic Vatican's Swiss Guards Uniforms designed in the early 1900s by Commandant Jules Repond, the guards are actually standing at a border check point since the Vatican is a City-State inside Italy

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

Thanks! I also really like the photo of the guards at the Vatican City Border Check point.

@denisegoldberg said:
    Thanks! I also really like the photo of the guards at the Vatican City Border Check point.

Thank you