Desert

TasmanianTasmanian Registered Users Posts: 486 Major grins

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2018

So for me what makes the shot are the 3 little clouds! The hills are cool too!

If mine, I would see if more top is available and the cloud on the left side is not cramped and cut off.

Then I would lose some of the foreground as it is dominating the image but there isn't special in it....no point of interest.

I would highlight the clouds (not fg) and title it "3 Puffs"

Cheers!

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited January 4, 2018

Taz, please please please do not upload files that are this large. It takes some visitors tens of seconds to maybe a minute to view these as they download. All you need is something that is 1280 pixels or less on its longest side.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited January 4, 2018

@David_S85 said:
    Taz, please please please do not upload files that are this large. It takes some visitors tens of seconds to maybe a minute to view these as they download. All you need is something that is 1280 pixels or less on its longest side, or smaller.

Tas probably isn't aware of how long it takes because the images are cached locally, so they load immediately. But the rest of us have to wait a very long time, and it's even worse when there are several images. I would bet that some people lose patience and just move on to another thread.

There is also a security issue here--anyone can copy the full resolution images. While the browser resizes the image for display, the full resolution image can be saved with a right-click. It's better to attach a reduced size image.

• TasmanianTasmanian Registered Users Posts: 486 Major grins

Thanks but the flickr don't work. What is the process ? I use always the BBcode on the others forum and it's ok but here, no...

Exemple

[url=https://flic.kr/p/F1YNyW][img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4635/25608996878_63f1fa0f74_b.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/F1YNyW]Death Valley 115[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/agirard58/]Alain Girard[/url], sur Flickr

@Stumblebum said:
    So for me what makes the shot are the 3 little clouds! The hills are cool too!

If mine, I would see if more top is available and the cloud on the left side is not cramped and cut off.

Then I would lose some of the foreground as it is dominating the image but there isn't special in it....no point of interest.

I would highlight the clouds (not fg) and title it "3 Puffs"

Cheers!

Not possible. It's a merge panorama.

Thanks !

@Tasmanian said:
    Thanks but the flickr don't work. What is the process ? I use always the BBcode on the others forum and it's ok but here, no...

BB code does not work on Dgrin. The best way is to copy the URL of the image then paste it into the box that opens when you click on the attach image icon in the editor:

edited January 4, 2018

Where can I find the URL ?

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited January 4, 2018

@Tasmanian said:
    Where can I find the URL ?

I just found a Yahoo help page that shows how to get the URL of a Flickr photo. I assume it still works, definitely should be worth a try - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN15714.html.

• bfluegiebfluegie Registered Users Posts: 736 Major grins

I use some photos I have on Flickr. I go to the photo page (click on photo in your album or photostream) and then click on this icon (share photo):

The share photo icon is below the arrow to the right of the photo.

You will then see this dialog box:

Select the image size you want in the pull down menu and then copy the link above it (shown in blue in the image I copied in). Paste that link into the message. For some reason when I paste a Flickr link into the box you get when you click the image icon shown in the message from @Richard the text of the link shows as well as the photo, as if the photo is placed on top of the text of the link. Maybe someone here knows why but I don't. :D So I just paste the link into the message. It seems to work. I hope this helps.

~~Barbara
    edited January 5, 2018

Thanks Folks ! Here is the test

That loaded quickly for me. :+1:

Good !

Thanks all for your help ! :)