#GrafNModels (a new hobby)

kbevphotokbevphoto Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins

I decided that just shooting Graffiti all over the world was getting a bit boring. I travel globally for work and find nice spots.

However, it got to be more fun and interesting with people, just normal people, posing for me. So I decided to ask people to help me out. Here are three that I really liked. (lost more on my smug site or IG)

Keith
@Graffiti_KBevPhoto (IG)

Tagged:

Comments

• TasmanianTasmanian Registered Users Posts: 486 Major grins

Very original and interesting. Life with graf :)

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

Somehow I missed this one first time around, but noticed it in the Best Of section. Great work, especially the second two. I agree that graffiti are more interesting when people are also involved.

• kbevphotokbevphoto Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins

@Richard said:
    Somehow I missed this one first time around, but noticed it in the Best Of section. Great work, especially the second two. I agree that graffiti are more interesting when people are also involved.

Thank you! Since I posted this, I've really been getting into it and scheduling shoot with people when i travel the world. It's been fun as hell. I've started the process of creating a "sub-site" on my Smug page: grafnmodels.com I'm pretty exited. i just need to figure out how to grow the IG following so I can get the word out and get some shoot scheduled!

• gptwinsgptwins Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    I enjoyed these very much. I found the first one very powerful. It really catches my attention. I got a chuckle out of the second one. Very playful.

Just a quick update here.... I've turned this into a nice little revenue-generating concept. I can do more marketing, but I know a few "off-the-beaten-path" spots in Chicago and I'm using one of them to host an Air BNB experience for people visiting Chicago. The feedback has been awesome and I'm having fun with it. The best part is seeing which murals people want to pose with. Different tastes lead to more creative photos and a different experience every time.

• bfluegiebfluegie Registered Users Posts: 736 Major grins

Definitely agree that #1 is a very powerful image. The other two are fun, but #1 is awesome. Subject placement and pose work well with the wall art. I don't know if the vignette is part of the wall art or if it was added in post, but it definitely works for me.

~~Barbara
  • double_entendredouble_entendre Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins

Only just saw these tonight, but love them. The whimsy in the second one probably makes it my favorite, but they're all great images. Love number one. I want to love number three, but it's just not as compelling as the first. Still great captures all around.

You just walk up to folks and say, "Hey, want to pose?" I'm way short of the huevos to do that. Awesome.

edited September 14, 2018

@double_entendre said:
    You just walk up to folks and say, "Hey, want to pose?" I'm way short of the huevos to do that. Awesome.

It's three approaches:
    1. Booking - The AirBNB experience has been going well, 19 bookings in June-Aug, and I'm slowly getting the price where I want it to be. You can see samples at grafnmodel.com in the "Experience Clients" folder. This is easy, but I have a hard time with the business side of this. Suffice to say, if i was running a restaurant, the portions would be huge

1. TFP - I connect with people in advance and set up casual shoots when i travel. Usually it's a trade for photos. I don't charge, I just share the pics and they agree to tag me/ credit me. The 3rd one was one of these.

2. Strangers - Yes!!! I'm a bit of an introvert, but bold with my camera. So I stand out there and ask people to pose. It take <30 seconds. I have biz cards with 4 sample images on the back. I tell them I shoot people with graf when I travel and need them to pose. The other side has the info for them to get copies. I don't charge for that either.

Photo #1 and #2 are "TFP"... Ashley is an aerialist and dancer in CHI (@ashley_addison_aerial) Caleb is family and we were in San Antonio for the Alamo Bowl. Photo #3 is my wife... We were just having fun and I knew this print was there, so I brought the hedge clippers with me (an promptly left them in the grass accidentally!)

Thanks, everyone. It's been fun and grafnmodels.com is now off an running!!!

• KellyCKellyC Registered Users Posts: 129 Major grins

Your link does not work, I think you meant http://www.grafnmodels.com you forgot the "s".

@KellyC said:
    Your link does not work, I think you meant http://www.grafnmodels.com you forgot the "s".

My bad! Goodness (!!!)