Slideshow not working in organizer

SuzikaneSuzikane Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins

Good evening,

I'm wondering whether someone has experienced the following problem. I'm using firefox at home and when I want to look at the photos in the slideshow while using the organizer it doesn't work....at work the slideshow works and at home it works in internet explorer but not in firefox. So I guess it has to do with settings, but can you please explain what settings I have to change.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Suzette

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,235 moderator
    edited January 7, 2018

I'm a little confused by your description. I can look at photos in lightbox from the organizer but I don't see an option to run a slideshow there. I'm assuming that you are unable to open the photos large from organizer - please clarify if that's not what you are trying to do.

I did verify that I can successfully scroll through photos in a gallery from organizer on Firefox.

Does clearing the browser cache on Firefox make a difference? I can't think of a setting that would cause a problem in the organizer, and clearing the cache is one of the things I try when I don't understand browser behavior.

Perhaps someone from SmugMug can identify the cause of your problem.

• lauratowerlauratower Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited January 20, 2019
    @Suzikane
    I seem to be having the same issue as you. It only seems to happen in Firefox when I am logged into my account looking at one of my galleries. When I click on the icon to start the slideshow, the web page just goes to black and stops. I can refresh the page and it just goes back to the gallery. I never had this problem before and I've been using smugmug with Firefox for many years. I do not have this problem in Chrome or on my iPad. It just seems to be a Firefox issue. I cleared all cookies and cache, but it did not resolve the problem. I also sent a support email and I'm waiting to hear back from someone. I just noticed this problem today. Could someone please look into this? Thanks.
  • lauratowerlauratower Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited January 20, 2019
    I'm also having an issue when trying to run the slideshow feature when logged into my account using Firefox when viewing one of my galleries. When I try to run the slideshow by clicking the slideshow arrow icon, the web page just goes to black. I can refresh the page, but it just goes back to the gallery where I started. This only seems to happen with Firefox when logged into my smugmug account. I never had this problem before. I do not have this problem with Chrome. I tried clearing my cookies and cache, but it did not resolve the issue. Could someone look into this? I sent a support email and i am waiting for someone to get back to me.
  • JenuineJenuine Registered Users Posts: 155 SmugMug Employee

Thanks for the details. There is a current bug being investigated regarding the issue you have mentioned with FF 64 on a Windows 10 machine. Can you confirm if you are using a Windows 10 Operating system?

Jen
    SmugMug Support Hero