Mini Challenge #259 - Let's Laugh-In the New Year!

lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins

This mini challenge theme is about funny photos, and will run through January 13.
What I'm looking for are photos that have something humorous in them, either by lucky catch or set-up - make me laugh! A title can help with context, so give it a good title! My examples (hope they make you smile!):

Run Faster!

Shake it baby!

If we could read their minds ...

Who did you want me to call?

Let's Dance!

Electric!

Caught with her tongue in the bird bath

Nothin' to see here, just us birds

We all wanted to sleep in the 5th bed!

OUR UN-OFFICIAL GENERAL RULES Link to rules thread
1. Have fun sharing and seeing what others share!
2. The host supplies a topic and you post 1-3 images. The host judges the winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd) and is not eligible to enter.
The 1st place winner then chooses the next topic, judges the winner and then passes on the baton to the new champion.
3. Any photo you’ve taken is eligible, regardless of when taken or camera used.
4. Any amount of post-processing is allowed. However, it is helpful if you list your camera and lens along with your photo.
You may comment on other contestant's images. If you want someone to leave you some critique or criticism, just ask within your post.
5. The winner has up to three days (72 hours) to begin a new mini-challenge, or the honor goes to the #2 finisher and so forth.
Guidelines:
1. Enter 1-3 photos and put them in a single post.
2. Either embed your image in the thread or, if you must, supply a link to it. Keep in mind, however, most people don't want to click to open photos hosted elsewhere (i.e. on your website).
3. Also try and resize your photos prior to posting so they're sized appropriately for viewing without having to scroll (~800 pixels on the longest side works best.)
4. Give each image you enter a title.
5. Enjoy discussion with members about their images, don't let this just be an entry thread!
6. When quoting a post change the IMG urls to a 200x200 size picture so it is clear your post is feedback and not another entry. (see here for help)
7. Don't be hesitant, share'em and enter!
Mini-Challenge pointers:
1. Upon winning a mini-challenge round your first step is coming up with a new theme, and start a new thread using the same format as others have used.
2. Make sure to notify the admin of this thread to update the main thread links with your entry thread.
3. Feel free to watch the thread as it grows or wait to the end time and look at all the entries all at once.
4. After the time/date has passed, then officially close the thread with a single post notifying everyone of the fact.
5. After you're finished judging start a new thread (again use the prior formats) and post your Winner and runners-up, it is important to have runners up in case the winner does not show within the 72hr window.
6. PM the winner with this info above and let them know they have 72hrs.
7. After the 72hrs and the winner does not show up, notify the next runner-up and post a message on the Winner thread of the fact.
8. Remember, if you're the Winner, you run the show.

~Lillian~
A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/

Comments

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Now that's a really fun challenge Lillian! Can't wait to see all of the entries.

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited December 30, 2017

Wow! This is going to be fun!

Here are my 3.

1 Don't Drink and Drive

2 Upsy Daisy

3 Does this mustache make me look fat?

• bfluegiebfluegie Registered Users Posts: 736 Major grins

Shadow learns about off camera flash
    Shadow learns about off-camera flash

I got a new flash and I was trying to learn how to use my camera's built in flash to control the off camera flash, using my cats as victims, er, I mean as subjects. I set the off camera flash on the floor near the cats and started taking some pictures. Shadow decided to investigate that new thing I put on the floor--a kitty toy obviously.

I'll try to find a couple more. This is really more of an out-take.

~~Barbara
  • slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,189 Major grins

I'm not sure that I have much, but I'll keep looking.

1. Can you hear me NOW?

Sherry

• CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins

Here are my paltry entries:

Here's what I think of you and your camera.

Double Moon over Mariposa

Wally's first selfie. Without a selfie stick - no opposable thumbs.

• jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins

Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins

Don't drink and fly

Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,756 Major grins

Thirsty pigeon

Reading in the park

Who wants a Nikon cookie?

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • DavidRGillespieDavidRGillespie Registered Users Posts: 819 Many Grins

Lots of chuckles (and great images).

The frown-fighters

Ninja sparrows

with a little help from my friend

• lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins

Great entries so far! Loving the photos and the titles! Here's one more for inspiration - taken by my hubbie, set up by me, of me, making fun of my fear of heights!

Help! I'm falling!! (or the long title: I'm falling and all you can do is take a photo?!)

~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
  • grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2018

I've been attending my brother-in-law's funeral which is not terribly funny and we had a car accident on the way home (no serious injuries but I think our car was totaled) so I haven't been doing anything with this, but my dentist appointment this morning was canceled due to snow so I thought I would start anyway Avoiding funny signs

1) My dad trying on a carpet box for size as a coffin- 1969

We were moving from Florida to Philadelphia and the movers made this box for my oriental rugs

2) So you want to take my picture?

(my husband)

3) Nothing

This what a lady at our table got when she said she didn't want anything for dessert.

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
  • sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

I thought I'd class up this joint by featuring representations of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. :) In Salzburg, Mozart's birthplace, there are no shortage of merchandising articles bearing Mozart's image - and some of them quite interesting...

1) Rub-a-dub-dub, three Wolfies in a tub...

2) Did he use these to compose, do ya think???

3) I'm sure he would have been a big selfie-taker!

and as a special bonus...
    Mozart magents to class up your fridge! (I confess, I own the cow version)

Not much time left! Enter now! :smiley:

~Lillian~
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,942 moderator
    edited January 14, 2018

Fun challenge! Here are three from me....

1) It's a Rough Life

2) Safest Way to Encounter Darth Vader (with 3 sons)

Taken shortly after an intimidating encounter with Kylo Ren.

3) Best Pluto Imitation Ever

When you walk out of a restaurant to find your family up against a wall....

• Not an Entry *
      Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
      (Alternate title: Waking up the Turkey on Thanksgiving Morning)

This turkey surprised us in 2015. We knew he was coming (from California) this time.
  • bfluegiebfluegie Registered Users Posts: 736 Major grins

Probably too late, but here's another one.
    How to stretch

I was walking past Shadow with a point and shoot camera. These three frames are shown in order and were collected over 20 seconds. Cats really know how to give their all when stretching. Looks like she enjoyed it too.

~~Barbara

This mini is officially closed now! I'll post the results soon. Thanks for the laughs!

~Lillian~