Filter by Favourites

Nick_FowlerNick_Fowler Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
Hi All.
I'm hoping someone may have some ideas to help visitors sort through a large image gallery?
(I was not allowed to post the link, but Nick Fowler Photography & Newport City Originals should provide the gallery).

Some websites have gallery functionality, where you can click on a preset word, EG to just display - Blue photos, Red photos, Yellow photos or All photos, allowing the visitor to fine-tune their selection. SmugMug does not have this facility at the moment. The gallery is based on all the local areas within my own City, (Newport, South Wales, UK) and I would like to start marketing it soon to local businesses and individual, but I would like to help them find (& hopefully purchase) from the areas they prefer, (Transporter Bridge, Beechwood Park, The Wetlands etc etc).

I prefer not to split-up the gallery, for those who would like to browze through all the images. I hope I have explained this properly, this situation has been holding me back for a while now & I could do with a little inspiration ☺
Thanks in advance.
Nick.

Nick Fowler Photography

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2018

I would add keywords to all the photos. Like Transporter Bridge; Beechwood Park; The Wetlands; etc.
    Then you could separate each subject into their own gallery. i.e. /keyword/Transporter%20Bridge

You could even create a smart gallery for each based on their keyword which has the advantage of sorting however you want.

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Nick_FowlerNick_Fowler Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    Thank you Allen, I'll have to investigate smart galleries further.
    Cheers, Nick.