Old Friend Down

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
edited January 17, 2018 in Other Cool Shots

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

The second shot is gorgeous, nicely done.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Thanks, buddy. The second shot was a day later than the first.....had much more favorable sun and time of day factors.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited January 18, 2018

I was a little surprised by stumbling across a nest of Copperheads by the barn. I got to watch for those things....considering the environment I often put myself into.

• moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,413 Major grins

Well done, Tom!

Thanks, John. I know you see this sort of stuff when you're up in the mountains. Are you making the Daytona race this year?

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

What a find! Love these~!

One can't tell by simply looking at these, but it is incredible amount of risk you take..........I remember the "electrocution", then the slippery rocks where a beautiful "creature" distracted you and now Copper Heads.

On bright side, at least a serial killer didn't jump out of this barn.......

If I saw snakes.....I would have been running to my car.....probably would have left my gear behind.....

Enjoy the memory you have, brother Taz. I can guarantee you that it will leave you the first chance it has to escape.

The snake issue is a perpetual one when you stomp around these old derelict buildings. I don't often see such a cluster of them....most likely just one or two. Regardless, part of my " barn " gear is a pair of snake-proof boots and some pants that would probably deflect a .50 caliber bullet.

Whenever Darlene accuses me of acting like a half-wit, my defense is that I'm still suffering the effects of tangling with that damn electric fence and, therefore, not responsible for my actions. I don't think she buys that excuse.

As you may suspect, she has never seen the " creature and the rocks " shot. No sense to invite a pummeling.

See you, brother.

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

I lkie no 2; the sky is a lot more cooperative, Tom

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

Hi, guy. No question, I got a break on the second shot. Clear skies during that time of the year in the mountains can be very iffy.

• CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2018

You did your old friend proud. Love them both, although you're right, the skies cooperated with you in the second one!

It's sure great to hear from you, Jo. Thanks for the visit.